Help me before i loose my mind...

tekim

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've got a 2012 Dodge 3500 that I'm replacing the stock exhaust system with an AFE turbo back system. I've got all the stock pieces out except the down pipe from the turbo. I've got it all unbolted and all the sensors unhooked, but can't seem to wiggle it out the bottom. Is there a trick to getting it out, or do i have to take out a cross member, or something else??

Thanks,

Mike :D

Oilboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just to make sure, you have a programer to take out the dpf program right? smarty/mini max just checking. Your best bet will be to check a cummins forum someone on there will be able to tell you exactly what you have to do,

enjoy the new truck once your done

HRT Offroad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've got a 2012 Dodge 3500 that I'm replacing the stock exhaust system with an AFE turbo back system. I've got all the stock pieces out except the down pipe from the turbo. I've got it all unbolted and all the sensors unhooked, but can't seem to wiggle it out the bottom. Is there a trick to getting it out, or do i have to take out a cross member, or something else??

Thanks,

Mike :D

Mike...The 2010+ Down pipes are a PITA. You must support the tranny and remove the tranny crossmember in order to pull the down pipe. Hope this helps:D

If you want suspension for that Bad Boy...give us a call:D

tekim

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just to make sure, you have a programer to take out the dpf program right? smarty/mini max just checking. Your best bet will be to check a cummins forum someone on there will be able to tell you exactly what you have to do,

enjoy the new truck once your done

Yup, got the MiniMaxx setup :).

Mike...The 2010+ Down pipes are a PITA. You must support the tranny and remove the tranny crossmember in order to pull the down pipe. Hope this helps:D

If you want suspension for that Bad Boy...give us a call:D

Ugh, I was really dreading something like that. Thanks for the info! :D

FossY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.zx7r.de
drop crossmember
access turbo clamp threw wheel well
second hand for install new downpipe will help alot

afe systems suck :) since they still reuse the temp sensors and i wish u god luck getting those out of ure old exhaust (usually they are seased right in)
also one of the brakets on the afe system doesnt work at all its like 5 inches to long and always needs to be cut (dunno if they changed it et or not)

installed prob 10 delete kits already and getting easier and easier every time :)

HRT Offroad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
drop crossmember
access turbo clamp threw wheel well
second hand for install new downpipe will help alot

afe systems suck :) since they still reuse the temp sensors and i wish u god luck getting those out of ure old exhaust (usually they are seased right in)
also one of the brakets on the afe system doesnt work at all its like 5 inches to long and always needs to be cut (dunno if they changed it et or not)

installed prob 10 delete kits already and getting easier and easier every time :)

Sometimes you can salvage the temp sensor by heating the sensor bung up really good before putting a wrench on the sensor. I always have some on hand incase they can't be salvaged:D

FossY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.zx7r.de
good thing is they are cheap :) 2 out of 10 come out put it that way lol (ive changed alot lol)

tekim

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I dropped the cross member and got the stock down pipe out without any more problems. New exhaust went in without any real isssues, but I did have to cut the one pipe to make everything fit.

There was no place for any sensors to go into the new exhaust system... Was there supposed to be? Where exactly was it supposed to go in?

Top Bottom