Helmet Speakers

raptor700rgytr

Reaction score
i am looking to put a set of speakers in my helmet. just don't know what to go with. it is going to be mostly ATV riding but i am planing on getting a sports bike of some kind in the near future. if any one has put speakers of some kind in there helmet let me know what you went with.

etecheaven

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ive been wanting to do this for a while as the ear buds get sore. For next winter im going to install padded pockets over my ears in my KLIM balaclava to drop in those snowboard speakers. This way when you take off your helmet you dont need to unplug every time.

As for summer, my best guess would be some velcro sewn in your helment and stuck to the back of a snowboard drop in. Not sure how comfortable that will be.

Let me know how you make out.

raptor700rgytr

Reaction score
i have been shopping around and the local bike shop recommended this. there is no boom so it makes it easy to wear as well it has Bluetooth connection to your phone for music and phone calls. a bit pricey but worth taking a look at. i am kinda thinking to the future for when i get a bike but would be nice to have some music on those 6 hour ATV rides :)

four4all

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We've got the Sena SMH-10's.
Absolutely great for both quading and biking. Looks very similiar to the ones you posted. (Wireless etc.)
Radio Ryder off Ebay. $310 for 2 sets to my door.
We have boom mics on 4 helmets and just move the actual controller from helmet to helmet depending on if we are biking or quading.

raptor700rgytr

Reaction score
so i just got me uclear hbc 100 helmet communicator in and its awesome. really easy to use and connected to my phone no problem. (htc desire hd). the sound is good but i still have to test the call quality on them. but from first glance they are sweeet. :specool:

Lowlife82

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i got a set of bose headphones and took them all apart and installed in helmet with small ipod mounted under visor. works well

hecks

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The last few years we've been buying smaller headphones, and cutting the foam out of our helmets and cutting head strap off the headphones and velcroing them into the earpiece. Then cut a notch in your helmet for your ipod and run wireless remote. Has worked well for the last few sledding seasons, and cheap as well.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Further to the information above, I've seen guys using portable VHF radios for communication with the speaker on the lapel or collar. Anybody got anything further to add with VHF radios?

hecks

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did you really do that? :fear:That totally destroys the structural integrity of your helmet! I wouldn't put my head in there now! :nono:

My bad, Notch out some foam ........ oh and i never do my helmet up either ! ;)

wearing-helmet-backwards-769774.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom