Helmet light with case.

firstdoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I’ve been thinking about importing a good quality, bright, rechargeable tactical helmet light for the snowmobile/off-road community. It would be a rechargeable lightweight tactical flashlight with both a handlebar mount and a helmet GoPro style mount. Completely waterproof (IP68 rating) with a case (pelican style) large enough for everyone’s electronics. (Camera, flashlight, radio, beacon, spare phone/gps for maps,and cords all in one case) I know frankensled has been selling his light for a while at $180, but was going to start gauging the market for interest. I bought a case on its own for all my stuff and love it as everything is in one place. I have a chance to purchase a great light, case, and mounts and put it all together for everyone and think I could get the price down to about $110. Just wondering what the interest would be before I drop 5K on an order. Still working on the manufacturer but I’m sure I could pull off a 12 month warranty.

Let me me know what you guys think of it or if I should just drop the idea.

Last edited:

firstdoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The pelican style case would be big enough to accommodate RGM’s baofang radio and antenna, flashlight, action camera, avy beacon, and all charging cables. The light would be waterproof, dust proof, and shockproof. USB rechargeable. Just trying to find out if focus adjustments is necessary as well.

Hoping a few of my fellow members with chime in.

firstdoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How bright?

850 lumens+. Could go as high as 1000 but would sacrifice time per charge. I could also go with 4 light settings rather than the traditional 3 (100/80/60/ flash or 100/80/60/50)

Last edited:

firstdoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I’m planning on ordering a a sample lot to test with for quality and durability for my riding group. Will tweak the light to fit the majority of the riders. For the most part a light is only on for 2 hours max either on the way up/down the trail, or trying to do repairs on hill.

Rene G

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I’m interested in this. Is the case to mount to the sled or is it just to keep everything organized when not riding?

firstdoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I’m interested in this. Is the case to mount to the sled or is it just to keep everything organized when not riding?

More for off the hill to keep everything organized between home and hotel / hotel to hill.

Rene G

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like that, it’d be pretty slick if you could rig it up to charge on the case. Everything goes in the case, plugs in and then plug in the case

Stg2Suby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'd keep a low/minimum setting, lots of guys will use these on their quad or dirtbike in the summer to meet the legal requirement for front visibility light.

o zone guy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Check... rockymountainatv.com out of the states look up TUSK Helmet LiGHT the light has 2000 LuMiNUS plus GoPro mounts retail is about 95$ canadian battery pack 4-6 hrs great for NiGHT RiDiNG 3 settings of light HiGH (projects at a wider angle) LoW and STRoBE for when your stuck ,light is the most versatile out there... hope this helps

Last edited:

firstdoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like that, it’d be pretty slick if you could rig it up to charge on the case. Everything goes in the case, plugs in and then plug in the case

I like that idea. Would need to check out to see if that could be CSA approved. Not sure if the testing facility would be happy with charging a lithium ion battery in a closed case though.

firstdoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Check rocky mountain atv.com out of the states look up TUSK Helmet cam the light has 2000 LuMiNUS plus GoPro mounts retail is about 95$ canadian battery pack 4-6 hrs 3 settings of light high low and strobe hope this helps

i like the light size that they have but I’d be going the extra mile with the case for everything else as well. May even offer 2 different case sizes. I do like the longer style flashlight though. Much more versatile. Use on helmet or handle bar mount. Hold in your hand as a normal light.

Im also contemplating a dual head light that offsets the lights at 5-8 degrees for a wider projection. Could sacrifice a continuous light time for field of view at high intensity.

firstdoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'd keep a low/minimum setting, lots of guys will use these on their quad or dirtbike in the summer to meet the legal requirement for front visibility light.

Thanks for the input Stg2Suby. It would make sense to have it as versatile as possible.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can get the Mountain Lab light with helmet mount for $150. Same ones they had at the sled show.

I have sourced the exact light Mountain Lab uses for their package for $50 and a ring style mount that slides into a GoPro mount for $7

For unforeseen night riding it has worked fine.

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you can get a 3 LED scuba light online for GoPro mount. fairly cheap

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we rented bikes last season and were having to much fun to go down... until we realized only one of us had a headlamp lol. a friend had one of these in his bag as a spare and it got us down the frisby trail.

Top Bottom