Hells Half Acre

mikey11

Reaction score
Went out for a couple hours on Sunday afternoon, cannot believe how dry and dusty it is, I have never seen it this dry, A couple of the big holes are now small puddles....

We need a good downpour, even the bush around the area is way too dry.

Is the rest of the province in the same shape? usually a little muddier this early in the spring.

fat tire

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Went out for a couple hours on Sunday afternoon, cannot believe how dry and dusty it is, I have never seen it this dry, A couple of the big holes are now small puddles....

Is the rest of the province in the same shape? usually a little muddier this early in the spring.
We usually have a fair bit of trail that is pretty hard riding...wet and soft....... but this weekend we went to a few areas that would normally take hours to get to and was just a little wet and not so soft...... we need the moisture bad...... and remember to clean off your exhaust when your day is done........ remember a bad day ridin is better than a good day workin.

Stg2Suby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I heard yesterday McLean Creek mudholes are nearly dry. If you know this area then you know this speaks volumes considering the time of year.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
We filmed out there for a bit last fall and it was so dry and dusty we ended up calling it a day, and usually there is alot of good playing there. 2 weeks ago went out to Long Island Lake and its drying up fast there too. Im hoping we get some rain to soak into the ground or all these area's will be too dry and fires will be an issue next. We filmed some of Mountains and Mud 5 out there.

tomanytoysnotnuftime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We filmed out there for a bit last fall and it was so dry and dusty we ended up calling it a day, and usually there is alot of good playing there. 2 weeks ago went out to Long Island Lake and its drying up fast there too. Im hoping we get some rain to soak into the ground or all these area's will be too dry and fires will be an issue next. We filmed some of Mountains and Mud 5 out there.

Were did you film at? Are you in the movie or film crew. Sorry for my ignorance.

Rhino Rick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Haven't been out there for awhile. Is it still all rutted up and stuff too?

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
HHA is in rough shape.... It's been too dry the past couple years not allowing the ruts to fill in and land to settle..........

All last year it was dusty and dry, without substancial rainfall in the next little while I fear this year will be the same... the little rain today won't help much...we need a week of steady moderate rainfall.

As much as we all love summer and the sunshine Western canada in general needs major moisture replenishment.... our lakes are down and slews are drying up....

Upper mann lake is down 14 vertical feet since the mid 90's.....

kenvb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes, dry here too, we went out to the Vega Sandhills last Weekend, the Big Bog hole can be crossed with Can ams now? usually they sink and we can use em for stepping stones.? LOL heres a pic of the big Bog Hole.

Just Kidding Don .

Attachments

• Vega Bog Hole.jpg
    Vega Bog Hole.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 37
Top Bottom