Hells acre

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Reopened ? Didn't know it was ever not open.Know some guys were out there last weekend.It was DEEP in spots.

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pretty muddy out there? Haven't been out there in years wasn't sure if it was still okay to ride but was thinking about checking it out again sometime...

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
HHA trails were never closed, but I hear it's pretty bad in spots. The ATV club is going out tonight to assess the trail and come up with a game plan for enhancement or repair. Fair or not, the locals aren't overly receptive to the idea of non-locals using those trails even though they're really available to anyone who wants to use them. That's why the ATV club never publishes info on these trails. However, the club stewards a trail system out at Stanger Hills and encourages anyone and everyone to use these trails. You can find maps, directions, etc. on the club website at: Lac Ste Anne ATV Club - Trail and Riding Info

Billydozer56

Reaction score
stanger hills is great, need to go back did not cover much ground due to muskeg and broken Polaris. We put on 7km in 4 hours. yikes!

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
HHA trails were never closed, but I hear it's pretty bad in spots. The ATV club is going out tonight to assess the trail and come up with a game plan for enhancement or repair. Fair or not, the locals aren't overly receptive to the idea of non-locals using those trails even though they're really available to anyone who wants to use them. That's why the ATV club never publishes info on these trails. However, the club stewards a trail system out at Stanger Hills and encourages anyone and everyone to use these trails. You can find maps, directions, etc. on the club website at: Lac Ste Anne ATV Club - Trail and Riding Info

what did the club find in HHA Dean?

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, I wasn't able to show up for the trail assessment so I can't comment in great detail, but here's what they tell me:
  • There is about a 50' span of mud/water that is very deep. The club is in the process of getting a quote for some cat work and a culvert to remedy the problem.
  • They did some misc work along the oil lease, including fence repair and cleanup of debris (sucker rod) strewn across the trail.
  • There is a deep hole somewhere behind the oil lease that we found a trail around and will cut a few trees along that trail to allow easier passage. The attached picture shows the hole which this trail bypasses. Unfortunately this is the only picture I have of the problem areas.
IMG_20140614_105742.jpg

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Unfortunately, I wasn't able to show up for the trail assessment so I can't comment in great detail, but here's what they tell me:
  • There is about a 50' span of mud/water that is very deep. The club is in the process of getting a quote for some cat work and a culvert to remedy the problem.
  • They did some misc work along the oil lease, including fence repair and cleanup of debris (sucker rod) strewn across the trail.
  • There is a deep hole somewhere behind the oil lease that we found a trail around and will cut a few trees along that trail to allow easier passage. The attached picture shows the hole which this trail bypasses. Unfortunately this is the only picture I have of the problem areas.
View attachment 171849

interesting that you guys are able to get in there and do work to better the area/improve it, when the overlanders had such a battle (have not heard from them AT ALL this year).........

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
View attachment 171849
That hole looks like fun deano

Too deep for the gizz

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
True that , funny thing was I went through and think u were trying to be smart and soak a guy

youngpolarisguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was out at hells a couple weeks ago lots of water this year out there, we did lots of winchin that night. still manageable for smaller machines lots of trials around stuff.

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
interesting that you guys are able to get in there and do work to better the area/improve it, when the overlanders had such a battle (have not heard from them AT ALL this year).........

It's taken the club a while to get to this point. You know the old saying that the 10% do 90%. The club is a bit refreshed and excited about doing things, but there's a good chance that it's only a matter of time before the new 10% get burnt out. (Hint hint for fresh blood)

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Are you guys looking for new members I live in that area looking for new people to ride with?

clubs can always use more people, the more numbers they can report to the governments when going for funding etc, the better chances they have.

visit Lac Ste Anne ATV Club - Home for more info about the Lac Ste Anne ATV Club :)

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are you guys looking for new members I live in that area looking for new people to ride with?

We're always looking for new members from any neck of the woods. We recommend any ATV enthusiast join a club sanctioned by the Alberta Off Highway Vehicle Association. You can get info and register through our website at Lac Ste Anne ATV Club - Home

The club is picking up steam and hosts two rallies, a BBQ, and the Quad Wars but doesn't do a lot of club rides as of yet. We had a few work bees and a couple trail rides over winter but haven't done a lot of club rides during the summer months. Unfortunately, during the summer months, people are busy and notoriously unavailable, so organizing rides during this time can be quite challenging when added to all the on going club initiatives.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
We're always looking for new members from any neck of the woods. We recommend any ATV enthusiast join a club sanctioned by the Alberta Off Highway Vehicle Association. You can get info and register through our website at Lac Ste Anne ATV Club - Home

The club is picking up steam and hosts two rallies, a BBQ, and the Quad Wars but doesn't do a lot of club rides as of yet. We had a few work bees and a couple trail rides over winter but haven't done a lot of club rides during the summer months. Unfortunately, during the summer months, people are busy and notoriously unavailable, so organizing rides during this time can be quite challenging when added to all the on going club initiatives.

When is quad wars this year?

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When is quad wars this year?

August 16. I'll be posting all the details within the few days as soon as the new rules and machine classes are updated on the website and posters. It's a little late in the game to begin advertising if we expect to get a good turn out, but we're still hoping it will be bigger and better than the year before. Next year, I'll try to push the Darwell Ag Society to think about advertising, sponsorship, and event "adjustments" closer to the beginning of the year.

Top Bottom