Heel Clicker in a Nytro

mdwils

Reaction score
Hey,
just pulled the 08 nytro MTX out of the shed, bought it early last spring and rode it about an hour last year and needed to clutch it. So, installed a Heel Clicker Drag and fly kit tonite. Anyone installed one of these? The prim. springs in the kit are at least 1 1/2 inches longer than stock which confuses me. I installed the Clicker spring anyway which took ALOT of force to reassemble. Tuned the weights to about 8600 or so (alt. here is 1500)

If it wasn't 9 PM on a friday night, Ida called Heel clicker to ask about the spring length, so anybody that might know about this here would be awesome. I markered the primary and the belt is only coming up about an inch from the top of the sheave, but I dont think the spring is binding

Now, I've heard you rarely have to F with the secondary spring or helix but I F'ed with it anyway to try to remedy this but it didn't. Im brand new to this clutching thing so any advice would be deadly, Thanks guys

powder muncher

Reaction score
They always use that:realmad: spring , it usually works not to bad.

If you need more top end shift out remove some weight from the inside holes or even hamer and move it to the tip hole on the actual weight -- you can actually move the shiftcurve arround a bit on those weights.

I personally like to use yamaha springs with the Heel klicker weights .

mdwils

Reaction score
OK, that makes sense. I'll start by removing from the very inside, add to the tip.

The secondary spring only adjusts backshift right? Lower the number faster the backshift?

Powder, why do you prefer Yam springs.
Thanks guys

powder muncher

Reaction score
OK, that makes sense. I'll start by removing from the very inside, add to the tip.

The secondary spring only adjusts backshift right? Lower the number faster the backshift?

Powder, why do you prefer Yam springs.
Thanks guys

I like the Yamaha springs for lower engagement and better drivability, not just a full on drag-race set up. There are also lots of springs available for fine tuning.
The secondary also has some control over up-shift , the higher the degree number of twist the more back-shift you have with a overall higher shift RPM.

Top Bottom