heated grips

mavrick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
has anyone put hand warmers on their bike? dose it work withthe twist trottle looking at it as in the porcess of studding the tires for some winter rides and would be nice to keep the hands warm with out having to wear big gloves,may also be nice for fall and early spring riding

250mark1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have heated grips wired on my 2000 cr250 i just switch my light off and turn the grips on to get max available power to them as long i keep the motor rev's up my hands would stay warm (no battery) i usually just wear summer riding gloves

mat

Reaction score
I use waterproof ridding gloves and it works good. I rode below -10 last winter and froze my tumb. I don't think you will ride (continuous) long enough to justified installing heated grips. As long as you keep your gloves dry you ill be all set. Winter ridding is pure joy as long as you keep it above -10

mavrick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am going to but a cheep pair and try them out even if just for fall riding or early spring when still cool in the morring thanks

treetrimmer

Reaction score
try the sled element heater wraps. you remove your grips and wrap them around the bars, and reinstall the grips. leave enough wire on your throttle side to twist. simple hi/off/low two wire switch. Argyll has them for about 45 bucks

FossY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.zx7r.de
there is heated twist throttle kits available
i even think ive seen tehm in the royaldistributing catalog

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
do not attempt this without first purchasing an aluminum throttle tube. the plastic can warp, and make for a bad day when the throttle sticks. trust me.....:(

mavrick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
will look into it for next season as bike just went to storgae for my move. hey teeroy will be give you a shout when i get over to peace river and get the bike there and you can show me what I will need to do to make it road legal and of course we can do some riding as well:d

250mark1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not a bqd idea on the aluminum throttle tube although i have never had a problem in 2 years of using grip heaters with a plastic oem honda throttle tube using the heaters in spring/fall/ winter and even summer to help dry gloves

Top Bottom