Heading To Mcbride

POWDERCHOWDER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Slamnek And I Are Heading To Mcbride This Weekend If Someone Could Post An Update That Would Be Awsome

ESOX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
+Rode Renshaw thursday-have to travel back a ways for the good stuff but all in all a great day.
+Rode Horsey friday- lots of untracked but I was hoping for more fresh depth, the weather turned a bit sour for the last half of the day in terms of visibility
+Rode Lucille half day Saturday- pretty beat up all over...but so were we!
We were expecting more fresh snow at all places but hey, you can't have it all. The trail to horsey is brutal so be prepared!, but access up the creek was in great shape. Was some areas of snow loading and not alot has come down so just be aware...then pin-it!

Poleman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode Renshaw Fri and Sat.
Past the saddle no tracks except for the wife and I on Friday and until around noon Sat. Need to venture back a range or two now to get the untracked. 1 foot powder on top of go anywhere base. This side of saddle is pounded out. Sunny morning of Fri and all day Sat. Lots of snow should provide for late spring season. Enjoy!

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just got back from McBride,ESOX is right about Horsey..the trail is beyond brutal but the creek is easy to get up. Expected to find the area pounded because of the shape of trail but we found lots of untouched. Lakes area was quite tracked up. Gotpart way up to glacier to west but ran out of time and stared to wear our shovels out from digging:rollinglaugh: .Had a great to days of mostly sunny skies.Took a few pictures and videos....have to get my better half to post cause I'll never figure it out on my own:confused: :D

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Forgot the most important part....LOTS of unfavorable snow activity. Some sluff slides and a few large slab releases, the one between the first and second lake carried acrossthe flats and into the trees and about200 yards wide!!!!! You would not want to be caugt in that release...gives a person an idea of how far back from a slope you have to be while your buddies are climbing so you don't get caugt in the runout. Since we had to ocasionally:rolling: dig our sleds out we dug a little extra deep. There are definatly a few weak layers within 3' of the top.Pick your time of day accodingly to climb and park safe. The area we rode on Saturday had the same instabilities(yes once again we did a fair amount of digging)....ride smart so you get to come home laughing with your buddies.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why yes I did. 8 out of 10 of us have taken course and 6 have avy bags. When we go exploring we typically don't see any other riders so we also carry a GPS ,SAT phone, large first aid kit(used it a couple of times),as well as the regular tools,ropes,small parts and extra food. We try to be as prepared as possible as going for help is not an option. Last Saturday we broke trail from the time we unloaded till we hit the glacier!!!:thumbsup2: Took 5 hours to bust a trail up the creek to get into alpine. OOOHHH YEAAA it was sweet:D :D :D

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Planning a trip to McBride on 10/11 and long range forecast says snow so it should be nice and deep for more exploring...still have two more spots to check out this year. Taking the family out for a ride at the farm and heading towards White Earth Valley and then towards Long Lake today and tomorrow. My daughter started driving and you can just never sled to much!!!!:D :D

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why yes I did. 8 out of 10 of us have taken course and 6 have avy bags. When we go exploring we typically don't see any other riders so we also carry a GPS ,SAT phone, large first aid kit(used it a couple of times),as well as the regular tools,ropes,small parts and extra food. We try to be as prepared as possible as going for help is not an option. Last Saturday we broke trail from the time we unloaded till we hit the glacier!!!:thumbsup2: Took 5 hours to bust a trail up the creek to get into alpine. OOOHHH YEAAA it was sweet:D :D :D

POWDERCHOWDER, read this!!! thats what you need when you exploring

Top Bottom