Headin out! :)

h.karst

Reaction score
If you can't find me check your moms house
Tomorrow morning 10 a.m. - Start of vacation for a few buddies and the fam too!!!

Meetin some buddies in rocky mt. house on wednesday morning, drop the truck off and head out to ram river falls/onion lake area, Quad thursday - sunday, and head back home monday..

excited for this trip cuz ive only managed to get out twice this year so far :nono:

Cant wait to get some beers and relax with no phone! :beerchug:

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds fun. We are heading to the Big Horn this weekend. Not too many camping trips left, better get out every chance we can.

h.karst

Reaction score
Guaranteed. it rained hard and even snowed on us last year at ram falls (this time of year) hopefully we get some sun this year but im sure we'll get a day of rain like usual.

Ive been camping at big horn, but havent quad there before, recommend it im sure???

Bullseye

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds fun. We are heading to the Big Horn this weekend. Not too many camping trips left, better get out every chance we can.

I too headin out campin but my holiday starts at about 3:30 tomorrow. The family and I are heading to Big Horn too !! I sure hope the weather is decent ! :nono: NO MORE RAIN, PLEASE :nono:
Can't wait to put a few miles on the good old quad !!

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I too headin out campin but my holiday starts at about 3:30 tomorrow. The family and I are heading to Big Horn too !! I sure hope the weather is decent ! :nono: NO MORE RAIN, PLEASE :nono:
Can't wait to put a few miles on the good old quad !!

No doubt. We have never been there before, so it should be a good time. If you see us out there, stop in for a :beer:

Bullseye

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you haven't been there before , man , you will enjoy it !!! The weather man seems to be getting smarter as the week goes on because they are saying it should stop raining for most of the weekend !!!
I have been "surfin" the internet and it sounds like some "outlaws" might be out there too. Sure hope the "S&M er's" get along with the "outlaw"ers !! :bullrider: LOL
( I have nothing to worry about because I'am both !) LOL

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have fun y'all! I'm headed to Cow Lake tomorrow through Sunday....then out to Southfork until next Sunday....yeeeehawwww. I too am looking forward to NO phone.

mudd kitty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have fun y'all! I'm headed to Cow Lake tomorrow through Sunday....then out to Southfork until next Sunday....yeeeehawwww. I too am looking forward to NO phone.

We checked out cow lake when we were down for the campout! It was really nice have fun :)

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
Nice place ............. a few too many rulez for my liking. Hope ya have fun tho.

We checked out cow lake when we were down for the campout! It was really nice have fun :)

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Cow Lake run is for the kids of my usual quadding gang...a little fishin and some swimmin'. Southfork the week after is for ME!

Bullseye

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got back yesterday (Monday)and had a blast!
Weather was pretty good just a little hazy except for sunday when a few rain clouds :mad: rolled thru but we had sunny breaks. Quadin was a blast, as we just rode the DAM trails. (and not across the hi-way) My parents even came out to camp and quad (they have NEVER did either) and they had a good time. Hope to do again real soon.
Sure hope we have a decent fall so I can go out again !!!

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ok, i keep hearing about Big Horn an Southfork.....Where is it

Southfork is south west of Rocky Mt. House, about 20km. Nice riding, but fills up with young partiers on the weekends. Bighorn is west of Nordegg about 20km. The riding is nice, but not real challenging. The scenery is awesome. It's a bit of a drive, but more than worth it once you're there. Here's a few pics from the weekend.

Attachments

• P8230134.JPG
    P8230134.JPG
    33.4 KB · Views: 95
  • P8220122.JPG
    P8220122.JPG
    33.2 KB · Views: 94
  • P8230132.JPG
    P8230132.JPG
    28.7 KB · Views: 95
  • P8230133.JPG
    P8230133.JPG
    37.7 KB · Views: 95
  • P8230128.JPG
    P8230128.JPG
    39.3 KB · Views: 96

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice pic of the girls with the moose having a drink in background

h.karst

Reaction score
Southfork is south west of Rocky Mt. House, about 20km. Nice riding, but fills up with young partiers on the weekends. Bighorn is west of Nordegg about 20km. The riding is nice, but not real challenging. The scenery is awesome. It's a bit of a drive, but more than worth it once you're there. Here's a few pics from the weekend.

pics are cool. and the lake looks beauty!
What times of the year is a person allowed to ride there??

sledbunny

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We are heading out on Monday for a week or so. Heading east of ram falls just past Tay river. Camping at the Caroline snowmobile staging area. Hopefully it will be nicer next week, I really need a break and hopefully get some riding in!:d

h.karst

Reaction score
We are heading out on Monday for a week or so. Heading east of ram falls just past Tay river. Camping at the Caroline snowmobile staging area. Hopefully it will be nicer next week, I really need a break and hopefully get some riding in!:d

always nice to have a full week, goes by too fast!
nice area, as long as its not pissin rain.
last weekend they called for rain all fri. sat. & sun. (around nordegg) and it didnt at all :d was a little smoky though!
ENJOY:beer:

Top Bottom