Head lights

white6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I remember following you out to Revy and getting blinded by all the vehicles flashing you...lol

LOL yea it's not real great to be in front of or behind of the truck I guess. But I got my stealth mode ;) hehe

regardless I love my headlights! Sorry for the blindings!

bansheesrule

Reaction score
so since someone mentioned 6 inch off road light, which is the brand to buy?? light force are bright but thats not the money i want to spend!!
im going to check the john deere in ponoka and look to see if they stock them, i'll let you all know.

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
FOR OFFROAD LIGHTS THE ONLY WAY TO GO IS WITH RIGID INDUSTRIES!!!! best offroad lamp on the market! I had lightforce they were ok but my rigid l.e.d. light bar was the best light I have ever had

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do you happen to have a part number for these?

John Deere AH211917 HIR bulbs is the low beam. I don't know the current pricing, last I checked they were under $15 a bulb. Apparently the price has gone up. I have the high beam part number somewhere in my favorites but it is not jumping out at the moment in the thousands of favorites I have.

Do a search on HIR bulbs and Chev/GM trucks and I am sure you will find lots of info on them. If I find the High beam I will post it.

HIR Headlights 9011 9012 bulbs
Anything from JD eh Beels? Hehehehe

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats good that they still have them. I read somewhere else they were going to discontinue them. Yes there is a little trimming involved depending on what socket you have on your truck.

armymags1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Will these John Deere lights work in a ram 3500 I don't want to blind anybody but alittle improvent would be good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

assaultbear

Reaction score
I put HID setup in stock lamps, 05 GMC 2500 HD. Rigged the Low beams to stay on when Hi's are on. Great light package then.

06 Dragon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Brite Box I believe makes a set up to have the low beams and high beams come on together when on high beam.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Said who? There is a kit to do that.....
doesn't make it legal. if you put HID bulbs in a stock headlight housing it is absolutely illegal. you need to switch housings to projector style. do some research....just because someone sells it doesn't mean it's legal.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Brite Box I believe makes a set up to have the low beams and high beams come on together when on high beam.
it's way easy to do on a GM, just need a $3 diode. connect it as shown and low beams stay on with high beams.

4lightmod.jpg

armymags1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anybody have any info on a 03 ram 3500

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
doesn't make it legal. if you put HID bulbs in a stock headlight housing it is absolutely illegal. you need to switch housings to projector style. do some research....just because someone sells it doesn't mean it's legal.

Actually your wrong, technically changing the lights to anything other then O.E. factory units is illegal. Those aftermarket lamp assemblies with projector housings are better for hids and are illegal unless they have the proper DOT SAE markings.

HID lamps in standard housings albiet illegal would be fine if people would aim their lights properly after installation but they dont. And half these lifted trucks are so damn high that if the light housing was adjusted as far down as it would go then it would still be blinding as the truck is too high, which is grossly illegal in its own right. If your blinding drivers when loaded with sleds then you should adjust everytime your loaded or unloaded, it takes two seconds, to be a courtious driver.

Last edited:

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Actually your wrong, technically changing the lights to anything other then O.E. factory units is illegal. Those aftermarket lamp assemblies with projector housings are better for hids and are illegal unless they have the proper DOT SAE markings.
this is true, I was referring to the DOT/SAE stamped housings.

Top Bottom