Hay sheds burning

The big greasy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone else hear of this? Hay barns all over the states are catching fire now. Rose town, erskine, and two by camrose have all caught fire in the last few weeks.

• Wow
Reactions: RXN

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Probably anti ag people. I’ve seen videos of kids saying farming is the single biggest contributor to climate change. That’s phacked up thinking.

Radar78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone else hear of this? Hay barns all over the states are catching fire now. Rose town, erskine, and two by camrose have all caught fire in the last few weeks.

If you and BILTIT have taught me anything it’s that it’s all part of the plan. And to just wait cause it’s coming……..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The big greasy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you and BILTIT have taught me anything it’s that it’s all part of the plan. And to just wait cause it’s coming……..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After everything I've posted that's what you've got out of it all. Not surprised.

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've never actually seen tough hay or straw actually ignite into flames, not saying that it never happened. As dry as it was and still is, there wasn't a whole lot put up tough in the country. Everything is so tinder dry around and inside most hay storage that a fart would set things off!

turbo392

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hay stacks have been catching fire for a thousand years. Collecting the data and trying to make something of it is a recent development.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've never actually seen tough hay or straw actually ignite into flames, not saying that it never happened. As dry as it was and still is, there wasn't a whole lot put up tough in the country. Everything is so tinder dry around and inside most hay storage that a fart would set things off!

Never seen them catch fire, but remember as kids neighbour down the road would be the guy bailing early in the morning with a heavy dew. Every couple years his stack of bails would smoke for weeks till he finally pulled them apart and snuffed it out lol

Last edited:

Dazzler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There was some pretty tough hay/greenfeed put up in our area, no rain when we needed it, but when we tried to get crops up we couldn’t get much of a break between showers. I had half a dozen greenfeed bales not allowed in the feed yard… the local elk were very appreciative however.
I’ve never seen any bales ignite, but I have seen steaming.

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There was some pretty tough hay/greenfeed put up in our area, no rain when we needed it, but when we tried to get crops up we couldn’t get much of a break between showers. I had half a dozen greenfeed bales not allowed in the feed yard… the local elk were very appreciative however.
I’ve never seen any bales ignite, but I have seen steaming.

Yah that's been my experience, more of a steaming compost as opposed to smoke! But I guess it's possible! I feel 9 times out of 10 this stuff all boils down simple human error and stupidity more than anything sinister!

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A couple burned in Vanderhoof earlier this fall as well. Arson but haven't caught them.

Top Bottom