Have you or someone you love had too much to think?

MP Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Most people mix up faith and religion.
Faith is simple.... you have a personal belief in something.
Religion is typically “cult-ish”. Man forcing another man to live a certain way of life.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is such a misrepresentation of Christianity. Jesus didn't like "religion" either. His message was simple, love God and love others. Anything outside of that has been twisted and used by men for their own gain.

If you’re using words like Jesus and god it’s still religion and still just as insane.

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lets start with The Crusades a series of religious wars

Exactly my point. The Crusades were carried out under the name of Christianity, but it wasn't Christianity. Again......show me anything Jesus said that would condone the Crusades in any way.

I'm not here to argue, or try to "convert" anyone. Just pointing out that the article imho is completely false and misleading.

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some people need the thought of a loving god and eternal life to comfort their fears of mortality and some don't.

But regardless of which ideology you subscribe to both seem hard to believe. Either there is some almighty god or gods that have created everything we see including us, that we can't see or even prove exists. Or the universe started out as an infinitely small infinitely hot singularity that exploded into the universe, creating everything in it at the same time.

FernieHawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some people need the thought of a loving god and eternal life to comfort their fears of mortality and some don't.

But regardless of which ideology you subscribe to both seem hard to believe. Either there is some almighty god or gods that have created everything we see including us, that we can't see or even prove exists. Or the universe started out as an infinitely small infinitely hot singularity that exploded into the universe, creating everything in it at the same time.

When I think about all this universe stuff... it starts making my head explode...then I drink some beer and forget about it. It’s better that way.

I pretty much gave up on the whole religion/ god thing when my 12 year old sister died...I was 11.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I disagree. Show me anything that Jesus taught that supports any of the bad things done in his name

Well it's impossible to say that because people make chit up on a daily basis about jesus and god, I guess that's the advantage of it being able to suit their narrative.

I have nothing against the concept of religion, if people need something to believe in so be it as long as they keep it to themselves. My problem with it is it's caused the worst wars man has known, and in general the worst problems in the world. The world would be better off without religion. The bad it brings far outweighs the bit of good.

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well it's impossible to say that because people make chit up on a daily basis about jesus and god, I guess that's the advantage of it being able to suit their narrative.

I have nothing against the concept of religion, if people need something to believe in so be it as long as they keep it to themselves. My problem with it is it's caused the worst wars man has known, and in general the worst problems in the world. The world would be better off without religion. The bad it brings far outweighs the bit of good.

I'd also have to argue that the threat of eternal damnation has been used for centuries by the church to civilize society. "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you" kind of stuff.

The Kickass One

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When I think about all this universe stuff... it starts making my head explode...then I drink some beer and forget about it. It’s better that way.

I pretty much gave up on the whole religion/ god thing when my 12 year old sister died...I was 11.

Sorry to hear that. It is a tough road for sure ... hugs from here

Top Bottom