Hauling rules?

Littledoo10

Reaction score
Hey. I heard a couple rumors, but i donno if its true. Can you or can't you haul 2 sleds on a sled deck on the back of a 3/4 ton pick up in bc? I heard you can from some people and i heard you can't from some cause being "overloaded". I got a 02 F250 diesel, mildly hopped up, and a 6" lift. Dose any of that stuff matter? Ive beem told also that it dosent even matter with a half ton. Id like to know so i dont have to pull a trailer if theres 2 of us going, since i dont own one and have to borrow a buddys, or get turned around in bc for havin 2 on a deck on my truck. Another thing, hows the fuel situation in vale and blue? Headn out this weekend? The outta diesel or no?

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Hey. I heard a couple rumors, but i donno if its true. Can you or can't you haul 2 sleds on a sled deck on the back of a 3/4 ton pick up in bc? I heard you can from some people and i heard you can't from some cause being "overloaded". I got a 02 F250 diesel, mildly hopped up, and a 6" lift. Dose any of that stuff matter? Ive beem told also that it dosent even matter with a half ton. Id like to know so i dont have to pull a trailer if theres 2 of us going, since i dont own one and have to borrow a buddys, or get turned around in bc for havin 2 on a deck on my truck. Another thing, hows the fuel situation in vale and blue? Headn out this weekend? The outta diesel or no?

Do a search on here,there's about 73 threads on here about this topic.

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It really depends on how fat your friends are! Sticker on your door tells you what your good for. Load her up...drive over the scale.
I can put 2 sleds on a Ford Ranger, but they wont be any gas,oil track or gear in it or my fat GF!

Littledoo10

Reaction score
alot of my buddys who are also from alberta havnt gotten stopped yet, i was just wonderin if its an issue or not. cause like i said, id hate to be turned around or have to ditch a sled on the back of a tow truck and pay the tow fee along with impound to drive back and pick it up. think runnin alberta plates they'd be pickey?

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
SO TRUE......This is why I dont have a FAT girlfriend! if she is fat....she will over load the truck with my yamy on the back......but I have a 3/4 ton and a skinny woman.....so I'm good for two yamys!

It really depends on how fat your friends are! Sticker on your door tells you what your good for. Load her up...drive over the scale.
I can put 2 sleds on a Ford Ranger, but they wont be any gas,oil track or gear in it or my fat GF!

Last edited:

modmanmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
alot of my buddys who are also from alberta havnt gotten stopped yet, i was just wonderin if its an issue or not. cause like i said, id hate to be turned around or have to ditch a sled on the back of a tow truck and pay the tow fee along with impound to drive back and pick it up. think runnin alberta plates they'd be pickey?

having alberta plates in bc is like having a bullseye on your truck!

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Go and look at the door sticker, all the manufacture's are making both light and heavy 1/2 ton's, as well as light and heavy 3/4 tons....So know what your buying and what it's capabilities are.....we have about 800 pick up's and just the other day, came a cross a Dodge 1/2 ton with 8 bolt wheels....pulled open the door and it read 8,800 lbs...same range as GM's 1500HD...

So a 1/2 ton alone can range from 6,750 to 8,900.....and 3/4 tons from 8,200 to 10,500 lots of crossover.....

Circled-Mistake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Go and look at the door sticker, all the manufacture's are making both light and heavy 1/2 ton's, as well as light and heavy 3/4 tons....So know what your buying and what it's capabilities are.....we have about 800 pick up's and just the other day, came a cross a Dodge 1/2 ton with 8 bolt wheels....pulled open the door and it read 8,800 lbs...same range as GM's 1500HD...

So a 1/2 ton alone can range from 6,750 to 8,900.....and 3/4 tons from 8,200 to 10,500 lots of crossover.....

Arte you SURE it was a Half ton???? Could it have been a Powerwagon???? Dodges Heavy Half??? Never seem an 8 bolt half ton ANYWHERE... Unless, custom, which the door sticker then does not apply....

growly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You "should" be ok as long as your truck isn't going down the road looking like a dog with worms.
Fuel is just fine in BC, and the cops in Vale love everyone.

Circled-Mistake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep it's a 3/4 ton minus the rear leafs are 1/2 ton leafs I believe is the only difference. Really dumb....

Thats what I figured.... Never seen a new dodge half ton with solid front axle..... Too bad they did that, would have been a lot more capable of a truck if they left the heavy susp in there... Im sure consumers wont mind

Top Bottom