Happy Endings

SUMMIT TREE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How much more is it? You be amazed how fast you use up 30ft of rope when you slide down a small bank.
Its like 400 somthin vs 270 ish I think. I was thinking carry the 30’ kinetic and also a cheaper nylon strap and hook them together With a soft shackle in cases where you need the length. Or maybe I should just quite being a cheep skate. Lol.

Cdnfireman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I’ve used both heavy coats and truck floor mats on pickup winch recoveries. Only had one breakage with the heavy coat. I placed it about 10’ from the hook on the stuck vehicle, thinking the weak spot was likely the hook or the swaged cable clamp beside the hook. It was. When the cable failed between the hook and clamp everything came flying back about 15 feet or so. No damage other than the cable. Had the cable failed anywhere else the coat would have been useless.
That’s the trouble with placing something on the tow device, you never know where it’s gonna snap....I try not to jerk anything when stuck, I use the winch whenever possible as the slow steady pull is much safer and easier on everything. Slower, but safer and cheaper.....

Top Bottom