Handle bar warmers on 08 summit xp.

atvmodster

Reaction score
Well we finally got some snow here and i took my xp for a rip. I bought it in october and today was my first real ride. I found out my left handle bar warmer is not working. any suggestions on what to check first? Other then this i love the sled!

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There was a recall on those might have to buy them now..

atvmodster

Reaction score
Pretty sure this sled has had all updates done to it. Ran the serial number by my dealer.

drop the hammer

Reaction score
I just replaced the right hand one on mine, and this was after updates were done, it lasted about half a season and then it stopped working....$56 at the stealership for the right hand one. I think i'll look to aftermarket (kimpex) or something like that next time, since I only put on 700 km's until it failed after the update replaced the last set.
Use air to blow off the grip, peel off old one and stick on new one, add couple rings of black tape to hold it in place. Lead pins just slide out of the plug using a small micro screwdriver to release (insert screwdriver ontop of the wire into the plug and the pins pull right out) - look at new pins to see the two tabs and little hole you need to insert screwdriver into. I cut off the orange purple lead as it is not needed, new heaters are 3 lead and controls are for two lead. Used compressed air to replace grip and work it back on with air/hand. 15 minute job once you find your microscrewdriver set.

Top Bottom