Hand warmers

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just bought a new set of XP Freeride handle bars, warmers and grips and i'm wondering what is the best way to to get the grips over the insulator and warmer? The grips and warmers are stock BRP products. Thanks

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lol....I get the grips nice and warm, use compressed air in one end of the bars and push the grip onto the handlebar on the other side. balloons it up and slips on easy.

Thats what i was thinking of doing, or just letting the dealer do it. I would hate to wreck the wireing.

Polarblu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I use gas. just a little bit inside the grip breaks down a film of adhesive inside the grip. Slips on and evaporates leaving and solid bond. This technique also used for golf clubs. Dont go crazy with the gas and dont screw with them till they are dry. It dosnt hurt the poly on your warmers.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats what i was thinking of doing, or just letting the dealer do it. I would hate to wreck the wireing.
it's easy to wrinkle those elements too, but this way works great. just put your grip adhesive (I use Scott's) inside the grip before you start them on the end of the bars and hit 'er with the air, just plug the hole in the end of the grip with your thumb and they will slip right on.

Top Bottom