Hairline cracks around clickers on primary

bighiter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes i know thanks, but i just want to remove the movable half for now...

ryan#1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Youll need to pull the whole clutch off then split the sheeves. You will need a puller to split the sheaves. The older tra you could just pull the movable off the spline put the new ones are pressed together. Once you get the whole clutch off thread the puller almost all the way in then i hold it and give it a quick smack with a hammer. Dynamo joe has a good vid on all this on youtube except he does the old school crank the hell out of the puller to get it off the sled. Use the water method. Someone out there may know how to get the movable sheeve off without removing the whole thing but that is how i do it. Dont forget to mark all the parts and note the timing marks before u seperate.

ryan#1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
here's the link to the vids.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dP0574kohm8[/media]

skip ahead to about 2mins for the primary removal

Those pucks are a pain in the a** too so if you know anyone with the retaining clips will save you some grief putting it back together.

bighiter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks for the reply. These are the times when i miss my heated shop..:(

ryan#1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe try a turbo shop as usually those guys put a completely different primary on?? Anyway worth a try. There is a guy selling a turbo xp in the doo classifieds perhaps he still has his old one. Send him a pm. Also there were some sleds getting parted out in the doo section too. Good luck.

giddyup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i would check with recreation supply in saskatoon, i know they carry a break down of the TRA. hope it helps
giddyup

Top Bottom