Guides in Golden

tmurphy

Reaction score
There is a group of 8 of us heading to Golden next week for 4 days of riding. Any suggestions on who to use for a guide if we decide to get one?

Rockwerx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Try getting a hold of Luke Burley. He has done a lot of guiding in that area for many different groups of people. He is an excellent sledder and a really nice guy!

my mod

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is a guy on this site called Carbon that Guides in Golden.
Would be wise to get a local to help you enjoy your trip
Silent is a long way in, but as flatlanders that should not be an issue
Quartz is also fine, and right off the highway

GSR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When hiring a guide make sure to ask if he is qualified or not. Ask if he has an Operations Level One, and at minimum of an 80hr. first aid course. Ask if he has a Sat. phone or SPOT, or Radio programed to deal with emergencies.
Ask them if they have a tenure and if it is even LEGAL to hire him. Ask him if he has insurance...
Just my thoughts... haha
Take it with a grain of salt.
Guiding ain't what it use to be. They can be consequences!
Ask questions.

Rockwerx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When hiring a guide make sure to ask if he is qualified or not. Ask if he has an Operations Level One, and at minimum of an 80hr. first aid course. Ask if he has a Sat. phone or SPOT, or Radio programed to deal with emergencies.
Ask them if they have a tenure and if it is even LEGAL to hire him. Ask him if he has insurance...
Just my thoughts... haha
Take it with a grain of salt.
Guiding ain't what it use to be. They can be consequences!
Ask questions.

Those are good things to find out about for sure. Are there many guides in Golden with all of those qualifications? Hopefully more guides will upgrade their knowledge and equipment to make safety one of the most importand issues when sledding in the alpine. I understand all too well about the consequence part.

Carbon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I dont really care about all the tickets,first aid or the level one guiding to make Me legal, its just paperword,but living in and riding the "zones" 5-7 days a weeks it were you get you Experiance and best knowledge of how the snow came,moves,and settles in the area's you ride....knowing were safe run outs are,terrain traps.......I dont know guess living at 7200 feet and fallowing avalanche control for 4 yrs and making snow apart of my life really helped....plus its about prevention,education,not recovering after the fact....usaully outcome is a lot wores......

Top Bottom