Grizzly 700 Diff

LeoClark

Reaction score
I have a couple friiends with Grizzly 700's with front diff problems. the diff locks dont seem to engage. also one has changed the complete fornt diff, this helped for about 6 months nut now its not engaging again

Any ideas on something that they are missing??

Major

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have to agree with the Medler on this one. I just had my front diff in and out about four time in the last month trying to figure out a problem. It turned out to be the shift fork was bent and then it was not engauging all the way in. and seemed to pop out or not fully disengauge after wards. I took the whole diff into Red Deer Yamaha and they had it back to me in a week and a half. works jsut fine now but just make sure you are fully engauged before you have to root on it to hard or you may get some bigger problems. Just because the indicator is on they told me I should rotate the tires slow a few times before I give er.

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
havent had a lot of problems with the front diffs, but i agree that you should always make sure after your shifted into diff lock you give it a couple rotations before ya hammer down. diff lock is for 15 km or slower as recommended by the manufacturer's, there i said it. its like snapping a front axle, mostly happens when your in diff lock, secret to keeping all axles and diffs were they should be is treat em like your new girl friend, ease in and show your skills, dont just dive in BD and expect good things to happen.....lol

T

p.s. if your married change gf to wife, i will not be held liable for marital unrest...

Top Bottom