grizz 700 or renegade 800?

Reaction score
help, what should i be looking for a newer grizz 700 witheps or a renegade x 800. i like to bush bash and trail ride but i woul also like to tow my fishin boat to some remote areas in northern alberta. Does anyone have a good used deal for me? I would like 2007 or newer with or with out mods would be ok. Thanks!

shmole

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Renegade is a GREAT machine, should do what you need. On the other hand, the Grizz is a workhorse. I would suggest you have a good look at both...go for whichever feels comfortable for you.
The EPS could be what you want....others might not. I don't think you will regret either one...

gforce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i really like my grizz,the power steering is so nice..in the tight trails is where it works the best.the only reason the arms hurt after a day of riding is waaayyy to many wheelies..im still tryin for that 100 meter mark..:beer:see ya on the trail!

Grizzly4323

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 07 700 Grizz. Great quad and I'm sure the Rene is good too. But if you go for the grizz and you want to tow or put bigger tires on, the first thing you will need to do is put a clutch kit in it. This is a must. It's easy to do yourself and save some $$$.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
If your looking for mostly fun the Gate is the Machine, If your looking to haul your boat and slower riding then the Grizz it it. I have rode both myself, I ride very aggressive and I could say most of my buddies would speak for that. The Renegade is the best atv Ive ever had and can take all the abuse Ive given it from 2007, goes much further in mud and snow, faster than the outlander, its lighter I know, after a day of riding I dont hurt unless I went for a ride over the handlebars or forgot to put it into drive when I was in reverse and gave it some gas. If you have a renegade you will also get very muddy compaired to the griz

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
OHH ,but the gade does have power steering 800 cc `s of it . Most of the steering on the gade is done with your right thumb....LOL

There isn`t another quad out like it, all you have to do is ride one !!!!

leonard

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
why not just get the 800 outlander and get alittle of both.. you get a utility with the power of a renegade.

Captjacksparrow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Grizz is a good machine but you have to do a clutch kit right off the bat and maybe some more mods. I have done a lot of work on the Grizz and the general complaint I here is they don't have enough power. The power steering is nice but the Renegade doesn't steer too heavy anyway. I have a Renegade and I love it. I've drove the Grizzlys and I didn't like the power but other than that they seemed ok. I've heard alot of complaints from guys saying they had to go back for alot of warrenty work but I think you get that with most new machines these days. I would say go out and drive them both and then decide.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
2 of my best friends have one of each, and both the same year. The power steering is unbelievable. But the power from an outtie is the same. Both machines for that year overheat like you wouldn't believe.
Any choice you make will be good. They are all good, and they are all bad. I love my AC, as a all around verstile machine. But if your looking for somethime spasfic(need spell check). All of them will do what ever you want.

Just my .81 cents on the dollar :beer:

rubirose

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
2 of my best friends have one of each, and both the same year. The power steering is unbelievable. But the power from an outtie is the same. Both machines for that year overheat like you wouldn't believe.
Any choice you make will be good. They are all good, and they are all bad. I love my AC, as a all around verstile machine. But if your looking for somethime spasfic(need spell check). All of them will do what ever you want.

Just my .81 cents on the dollar :beer:

Here is your spellcheck SPECIFIC

recguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the boys are right, the stock grizz isn't worth it, but with som mods it rocks. It will never have the power of the gade, but all round with a few mods is a better unit.
I have two of them.

700Dragon

Reaction score
my sister has an 800 gade. Took it for a few rides, it has tons of power...really responsive quad. I will say one thing though...Can Am, bombi, whatever you wanna call em, still don't have the little things worked out. For eg. lots of squeaks, throttle issues, valve issues. If I were you...go with the japanese machine, yammy, even honda...last longer, and better resale. If you wanna be at the dealer lots,,,,stick with the Renagade.
A little about the Grizzly.....yes they are a little short on power, but if you leave em stock with some average after market tires you will go where all your buddies go. No clutch kit, lift kit, no snorkel, and never fool around with pod settings. The power steering is the best thing ever invented(dont let anyone tell you its for wussies....its tireless), and suspension with the soft seat is very comfortable. Trust me you wont be disappointed!!!

IMSICK

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
backcountryrebels.com
I have to ask.... those who say the renegade has a weak frame, or all the issues noted, what were you doing to have them fail?

Maybe I got lucky...... I flew my 07 renegade out of Grizzly Ridge in Slave to the middle of nowhere. Hand signals got mixed up and the long line release 20 feet off the ground. Suspension worked great, took it like a pro, bounced once, fliped over and langed on the front left corner and handlebars..... Hooked it back up and flew it back to the dealership.

The only repairs were stearing post, brake lever and front bumper. Now, if that wasn't hard enough on it to do frame damage..... I gotta ask what you are doing to find out the frame is weak.

700Dragon

Reaction score
Come on.... thats a different story. What were people doing????? NOTHING.....they just don't stand up to the other manufactures.

IMSICK

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
backcountryrebels.com
Come on.... thats a different story. What were people doing????? NOTHING.....they just don't stand up to the other manufactures.
mine does...... I guess I got lucky then.
I have beat the chit out of it since day one.... I run alot of rough trails, make trails, run sleg and roll it. Holds up to others just fine.

and as for being a different story..... the only difference is, mine took a massive blow right off the hop. Therefore, I should be experiencing the said issues way sooner than the machines that were babied until the first scratch recieved.

Last edited:

IMSICK

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
backcountryrebels.com
NOt even any Squeakes!!! Don't lie....
never took on any squeeks until this spring. Parked it in the fall and ran the outlander for the winter. The outlander works way better in the snow, and when I pulled out this spring, it had a few squeeks to it. Something in the front end.... can't isolate it tho. And the suspension lets out the odd high pitched whine every now and then...... seems to be getting a little more frequent.

To be expected from an 07 machine that spends a pile of time in water. I have no complaints. If I can get this summer out of it still, I will replace it with a new one and then a Can-Am side by side next spring. No complaints with the can-ams in my barn.

Top Bottom