Attachments

• grass drags.jpg
    grass drags.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 426

Maxceleration Racing

Reaction score
Website
www.maxcelerationracing.com
Great day with great weather! From what I saw everyone had a good time (except for the poor guys whose sled ran away in the pits and totalled itself first thing in the morning). Ron, did you take any pictures? I'll post results as soon as I get them. Hats off to Don and his crew for putting on a great event!

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Great day with great weather! From what I saw everyone had a good time (except for the poor guys whose sled ran away in the pits and totalled itself first thing in the morning). Ron, did you take any pictures? I'll post results as soon as I get them. Hats off to Don and his crew for putting on a great event!

pics pics pics.,,,,had to miss it this yr...here it was an awesome event!!!!

post any pics you guys got...thanks

Terry

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Lucky no one was hurt and very good reason why sanctioning bodies require tether cords mandatory as safety devices - no cord, no racing.

RMSHA rules are tether needs to be affixed to the rider so long as any rider is sitting on the sled, not even in operation. Automatic disqualification for any rider caught breaking the rules.

raceu4it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
nothing like standing next to ur sled, sparking it up then blipping the throttle to see if it's all good.

Maxceleration Racing

Reaction score
Website
Lucky no one was hurt and very good reason why sanctioning bodies require tether cords mandatory as safety devices - no cord, no racing.

RMSHA rules are tether needs to be affixed to the rider so long as any rider is sitting on the sled, not even in operation. Automatic disqualification for any rider caught breaking the rules.

Tethers were a required rule. Sled in question had not been through tech yet. Usually someone gets caught throughout the day forgetting to wear their tether but after watching the carnage, everyone had them on all day.

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
good thing i had my bobcat buckets there saved someones life it hit my buckets and stoped the sled dead :d

Maxceleration Racing

Reaction score
Website
It was all very fortunate, the timing being early so there were few people walking around the pits, the direction that the sled went, the almost indestructible object that it hit, etc. For a bad thing to happen, it was very lucky that it happened the way it did. Nice job placing those buckets in that exact spot ....

I've already been mocked for not thinking to snap a quick photo of the wreck.

Maxceleration Racing

Reaction score
Website
You know, I can't recall for sure but I think the short and long tracks were all run together. Brings up an interesting point for another thread about the merrits of having seperate mountain classes. The winner of a mountain vs non-mountain sled race will usually depend on track conditions which can be wildly unpredictable from track to track and even change a lot during the day. For example, last weekend the track started very damp and tight and the paddle tracks had a harder time hooking than the short tracks. But by the end of the day it dried out quite a bit and got a lot more loose and the paddles were working a lot better.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Curtis, You should of came you may of won a race. Your competitor a young lady from 2 years ago was not racing this year either. I know you didn't go both years as you were afraid she would beat you again. So you could of got in possibly won something, but once she has her baby she will be racing again.

Top Bottom