Gotta be crazy

Ancient Sledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The title just about sums it up. The wife and I went on a three week vacation to the States. Off course when we left there was no snow just west of Edmonton. So I get back and we have almost a foot here, but it's -30C. Well of course I haven't ridden since May so I figure I just have to try out the Klim jacket, backpack and gloves I got at the sled show, right. I just get out of town and the handwarmers quit. But I just got to ride so I keep going. Was out a little over an hour and it was great. Did not see anyone else out in the cold. Imagine that. I must say the Klim stuff is a little pricy,but after that ride I don't think I will buy anything else. Man does it feel good to ride again.

Culvert

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Which gloves did you pick up. I keep looking at the Klim gear at the show but never get the gloves. Did buy the Klimate jacket a couple years ago and love. Just dont know which gloves to go with.

Ancient Sledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The jacket is the Valdez. The backpack is the "Nac", I believe. The gloves are not Klim. They are Head "Outlast" and they are more of a ski-snowboard glove and I was very impressed with how warm they were, with no handwarmers. My wife picked up the gloves at Costco for 20 bucks. Now I have at least 10 pairs. Sorry, I just read my post again and I did type in that I bought the gloves at the show. That was wrong. These keyboards give us old guys a fit.

chadwik74

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I used those Costco/HEAD glove's out snowboarding last week and felt a little bit chilly in the hand area.....that's with those hot pocket's insterted into the top of them as well. I guess I'm just getting to be a puss and can't do with out hand warmers.

Ancient Sledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its funny you mention those gloves, I have a pair and same with Summit(steve) we got them at costco and for the $20 thats a steal. And Ive ran the Klim for 5 years now and wont look at anything else.

So if I am reading the post correctly, you say the Klim gloves are warmer? I was planning on getting the Klim bib style pants and gloves next year. If they are a better glove I think I will buy then now. As I said earlier, I have many pairs of gloves, but I find there is not one pair that I can use all the time.

Ancient Sledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I used those Costco/HEAD glove's out snowboarding last week and felt a little bit chilly in the hand area.....that's with those hot pocket's insterted into the top of them as well. I guess I'm just getting to be a puss and can't do with out hand warmers.

I never even thought that zippered pocket was for a hotpocket. I thought it was a vent to let the warm air out if your hand got too warm. I did ski for about 25 years before I gave up that sport. I find I get a lot warmer riding the sled in the mountains, much more that skiing.

wade1974

Reaction score
I have the klim togwotee gloves and I love em. Went for one ride when it was -30 and my hands were pretty warm. Warm enough I thought they might get too warm on a adverage day.

Culvert

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'll actually be in the city tomorrow and doing the COSTCO run. I'll see if they still have any gloves around. Thanks for the info.

Demon13

Reaction score
speaking of gloves I have the FXR racing gloves and they are awesome I can stop for 15 min and leave the gloves on the sled at -25, when I put them back on they are almost frozen and within 2 min they are as toasty as when I took them off I would highly recommend although they are around $75.:Snowmobile1:

Top Bottom