Gorman

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
heard rocky but you know how people talk, one guy's "rocky" is another guy's paradise.

GSR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not as rocky as before for sure, but the Bulletins hear HIGH in alpine right now and will be HIGH, HIGH, HIGH by friday....
Might not be the weekend for Gorman.
I'd be hittin silent or quartz for sure!! I bet Silent tress are just about PERFECT right now...

Taminator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Gorman was very rocky week and half ago...NEVER seen so many boulders up there (other than the summer)! We rode the trees all day, didn't even hit the wind-swept, rocky alpine...not worth it.

Listen to GSR...super dangerous conditions are building out there...if you can't ride the trees and stay safe, might be better to wait it out :)

Yes, the Silent trees are sweet right now! Finally got the coverage for the little buggers lurking just below the surface!

BRP QSC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Gorman was very rocky week and half ago...NEVER seen so many boulders up there (other than the summer)! We rode the trees all day, didn't even hit the wind-swept, rocky alpine...not worth it.

Listen to GSR...super dangerous conditions are building out there...if you can't ride the trees and stay safe, might be better to wait it out :)

You know it!!! would be nice if avy alert was posted at the staging areas (booths or trail heads) Was talking to a guy filling up with the cheap Alberta gas with two sleds going to Golden and no clue that you get the avy conditions online and had no beacons... (I know) I called him and his buddy idiots for going without knowledge... Suppose to be out there this afternoon to saturday. Told them how to get to GSR and rent... Hopefully they do

So Silent should be real nice now with the snow coming in "again". Whats it like there now?
RP

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode Gorman yesterday it was pretty good. Lots of untouched snow some of it was pretty wind blown. I was quite surprise by the runout of some of the avanlanches that have come down back in there, pushing over some pretty mature trees. I was impressed that everyone left 3 mile hill in Lang alone yesterday. It is windloaded as all hell and looks like it could go at anytime. There was one little avy set off in the small bowl just below the lake.

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
how are the conditions in Gorman
any pictures

Was there on Saturday and it was awesome. Snow's good, avy conditions good. Just stay away from the south slopes and beware of the slopes with big windlips and cornices. Check out my pics on my profile cause I have no idea how to put pics on here, lol

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And yeah, this week it will be a little deadly with all this snow. Silent all the way!!

4stroke474

Reaction score
Checked out your pics Rowdy, looks awesome. Were did you ride in Gorman. See any slides? To bad about your ride getting busted up. Gotta get get a yammy they are tough enough to go logging with. Keep the pics coming.

JMCX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We rode Gorman as well on Saturday. I've been going there for 16 years and never seen so much rock exposed by the wind. Sheltered areas have collected some of the loose snow. This is the third time I've seen the outhouse by the lake taken out by an avy.

DSC00646.jpg

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We rode Gorman as well on Saturday. I've been going there for 16 years and never seen so much rock exposed by the wind. Sheltered areas have collected some of the loose snow. This is the third time I've seen the outhouse by the lake taken out by an avy.

DSC00646.jpg

That's looking west from the saddle heading into East Quartz right? If that slope in your picture is the same as the one here from Google Earth- YOU'RE RIDING IN GLACIER NATIONAL PARK!:nono:

You'd think in 16 years of riding at Gorman you'd have were the Park Boundaries are figured out. Or at least not post them on the internet! Just sayin'

Attachments

• East Quartz.jpg
    East Quartz.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 405

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Checked out your pics Rowdy, looks awesome. Were did you ride in Gorman. See any slides? To bad about your ride getting busted up. Gotta get get a yammy they are tough enough to go logging with. Keep the pics coming.

Hey 4 stroke. That was my first time ever in the area and I loved it. I rode everywhere except for East Quartz. Went to Cirque, Holtz, Lang are the only names I remember. At the lake we went to the left and then far far right. It was great. I want to go back again for sure, it is one of my favorite areas for sure. This weekend will be a bad one to go cause of avy conditions, but I'm going to be keeping my eyes peeled for groups heading there so I can go there more. Loved it! Whose ride got busted up? Mine didn't! :)

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh wait! Your talking about the pic from my first day that season, busted bumper. haha yeah, that was at silent. Worst day ever, recoil went as soon as we got up, then I hit a tree, then it took me 2 hrs to get her going after sitting on the lake for 2hrs waiting for the guys to stop playing. Best day ever! haha :p

4stroke474

Reaction score
Four or five of us are hoping to get out Golden this weekend. Maybe do Silent Sat and Quartz Sunday . Maybe see you out there.

Summit X

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's looking west from the saddle heading into East Quartz right? If that slope in your picture is the same as the one here from Google Earth- YOU'RE RIDING IN GLACIER NATIONAL PARK!:nono:

You'd think in 16 years of riding at Gorman you'd have were the Park Boundaries are figured out. Or at least not post them on the internet! Just sayin'

i agree, if those are the same slopes and they sure look to be, not only from the screen capture, but from being there in person... you/somebody are in the park.

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Four or five of us are hoping to get out Golden this weekend. Maybe do Silent Sat and Quartz Sunday . Maybe see you out there.

Ya maybe! At this point I'm just trying to find peeps to ride with this weekend. Only got one buddy that wants to come out.

JMCX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

There is zero signage in that area but if the boundaries are based on drainage then I probably am just inside the line while crossing from one legal area to another that are only about 100m apart at this point. People have been crossing between east Quartz and Lang for a long time and will continue to do so and this is the only route. I wasn't cruising around in the park.

If you are concerned about park trespassing you better go stand at the end of the valley in Quartz where the signs are very obviously ignored routinely.

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is zero signage in that area but if the boundaries are based on drainage then I probably am just inside the line while crossing from one legal area to another that are only about 100m apart at this point. People have been crossing between east Quartz and Lang for a long time and will continue to do so and this is the only route. I wasn't cruising around in the park.

If you are concerned about park trespassing you better go stand at the end of the valley in Quartz where the signs are very obviously ignored routinely.

The guy climbing in the picture is IN the park. The face he is climbing is denoted by the arrow (The green shading is Glacier National Park). The ridge is not in the park but dropping west into that valley is. The may help clarify this as well.

Using the excuse that everyone at Quartz goes in the park is pretty lame. If you're not part of the solution you're part of the problem.

Attachments

• East Quartz.jpg
    East Quartz.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 569

Carbon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

FOCK........Come on here 16 yrs and you dont know boundrys LMFAO...LLLLLLAAAAAAMMME.....i got bridge you gonna jumb off that too i f I DO......So just because you've been dong for 16 yr Its ok????????and yes there is a T steel in the rock...........16 yrs:nono::nono:

Top Bottom