Goodyear wrangler duratrac

AC550

Reaction score
just wondering if anyone has this truck tire and if so what do you think of them and would you recommend them

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had them on a 07 chevy 1/2 ton and they were the best tire i have had to date. They are awesome in snow, mud, and rain but had a bit of a hum to them on the pavement. They had 55,000 km on them when i sold my truck and they would have easily lasted another 30,000 km. I am putting a set on my new 3/4ton next week.

AC550

Reaction score
thanks for all the responses and did anyone notice a drop in their fuel economy with these tires

pistonbroke800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks for all the responses and did anyone notice a drop in their fuel economy with these tires

I am currently running a set on my '08 dmax and mileage is the same. Only complaint is the hum but thats life with that style of tire

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What's your guy's opinion on 10ply vs 8 ply?

I asked the sales guy if it makes a difference with punture and he said not really.

I was thinking of running the 8 ply because of my truck being a Tacoma instead of a 3/4 or diesel truck with extra weight and handling ability.

What's the real world difference? I assume stiffer tire, worse ride, but better hauling and towing ability when being used... My plastic Taco doesn't weigh much and can't pull 13,000 lbs either.. lol.

JaySimon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've got a set on my 03 ford f250. They came on the truck when I bought it in March. They have been great all summer. Not sure how they will be in snow, but feeling good after reading what has been posted here.

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What's your guy's opinion on 10ply vs 8 ply?

I asked the sales guy if it makes a difference with punture and he said not really.

I was thinking of running the 8 ply because of my truck being a Tacoma instead of a 3/4 or diesel truck with extra weight and handling ability.

What's the real world difference? I assume stiffer tire, worse ride, but better hauling and towing ability when being used... My plastic Taco doesn't weigh much and can't pull 13,000 lbs either.. lol.

I would go to an 8 ply at least.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the wrangler territory tires on my 08 dodge which are basically the same tire with a little different tread pattern and they seem pretty good so far well worth the cash. I went with the 10 ply and so far work great in all conditions

ftguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are you just talking the "up to 100$ off"?

I need new tires soon and I've been eyeing the Duratracs for some time now...

Yes until December 18th.

I have run the Duratracs on my Dodge Dually 4X4 since they came out and have been very pleased with performance in all weather conditions

Also have them on our race car hauler and have taken it across Western Canada a few times ....no complaints (and Race Car Drivers are not bashful if they are not happy)

AC550

Reaction score
it sounds like these are some pretty good tires to get but iam wondering with them being as meaty as they are how are they for road noise on the highway and other driving conditions

Rioplay

Reaction score
It is great to hear the reviews, I bought these tires and will be using them for winter use only so I got them studded as well. If the tires are as good as everyone says they are without studs, then I think I will like them on the BC roads in winter.

Top Bottom