• All the same to me

Votes: 2 9.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bullseye

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hello,
I've been lookin for some tires for my work truck. It's a 1990 Chevrolet longbox 2wd. I usually have something in the box ( quad,tools,etc.) or I'am pullin my dump trailer.So I want some tires that are the best of all worlds..... great wearing, good traction and reasonably priced !!!
Help me out, I've been surfin the web for reviews but would like some local input into what other guys are running ??? I've talked to some other tire shops but I think I've narrowed it down to these two tires but I am open to suggestions ?? Goodyear Silent Armors OR Goodyear Duratracs ???
Please give your two cents !!!

johndeereman346

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hello,
I've been lookin for some tires for my work truck. It's a 1990 Chevrolet longbox 2wd. I usually have something in the box ( quad,tools,etc.) or I'am pullin my dump trailer.So I want some tires that are the best of all worlds..... great wearing, good traction and reasonably priced !!!
Help me out, I've been surfin the web for reviews but would like some local input into what other guys are running ??? I've talked to some other tire shops but I think I've narrowed it down to these two tires but I am open to suggestions ?? Goodyear Silent Armors OR Goodyear Duratracs ???
Please give your two cents !!!

Silent armours are quieter than the duratrack i think, honestly thats my next set if i dont go mt again

drford

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2nd vote here for silent armours i have a fleet that i service and they have incredible luck with them excellent mileage

Bullseye

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:eek: 318 a tire !!!!!!!!!!! :eek: What size ????? Man I priced out silent armors this week and they were way cheap than that !!! Mind you, I run a pretty small size ( 235/75/15) but still that sounds like a lot to me !! I never got a price for the Duratracs but I hope they aren't that much !!

rusty

GBCA Member
Reaction score
next time you go ask for tires ask for the out the door price.. by the time you pay the tire taxes and install it adds up

stuckenough

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I put Silent armor tires on my F350 about 50k ago and really like the ride and not a lot of road noise. On the down side and I think this is on most all season tires, when it gets below -20 they suck.
Best winter tires are still Blizzaks

brew_doo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have had Silent Armours for about 50k now and they show very minimal wear. Rotate them every 10k and they will last well for you. I like them alot - quiet and good traction.:twocents:

Ridin

Reaction score
hey I run a fleet of trucks with the silent armours and have had no problems with them average between 60-70,000km with weights of 1,000-2500lbs on average hope this helps you out

inside

Reaction score
I had silent armor's and needed some new ones last week. Looked at the duratrac a couple guys have put them on, I stayed with the silent armor. they look like they might wear a little better. The duratrac are fairly lugy looking. I have had great snow and ice traction, down to very cold, one of the things I really like about silent armor.

JFedup

Reaction score
I have about 5K on my silent armor. On the plus side they are quiet and have awesome traction (in mud and snow) on the negative side, they are not great on ice. Although I have seen worse! As for the price you seem to be on the mark, I paid $300/ tire installed. I like em'.:)

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the duratrac with 30,000km and they are wearing great. They are the first tire i've owned that does not cup. I think they will be good for 60k and they are a little louder than i like. Traction wise they are the best tire i've ever had. Mud, snow, water on pavement, their awesome. If i did more muddy off road driving i would by them again but i think i will look at the silent armor.

jbb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have the duratrac with 30,000km and they are wearing great. They are the first tire i've owned that does not cup. I think they will be good for 60k and they are a little louder than i like. Traction wise they are the best tire i've ever had. Mud, snow, water on pavement, their awesome. If i did more muddy off road driving i would by them again but i think i will look at the silent armor.

youve done well! Ive seen 11000km and the rears were bald.

crosroads

Reaction score
Just put some duratracs on my truck and love 'em. Had toyo m55's before, too noisy but good milage, will have to see how the duratracs hold up. They're nice and quiet and have great traction in the snow and ice. only payed 270 installed and ballanced for 285-75-16's.

Bruteskeg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like my dura tracks. as for them going bald on the back after 11 000 km I had a set of fattys that whent bald on the back in about 5000km once they sure smoked good.

Top Bottom