Good thing the RCMP have tax payers looking after them.

Snowdin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
[h=5]Residents to Be Compensated for Damage to Doors Incurred During Searches

MEDIA ADVISORY
Wednesday, September 18, 2013

HIGH RIVER, AB: The Town of High River Mayor and Council have collaborated with the Province of Alberta and the RCMP that sees The Town manage a process to compensate residents who incurred damage to their door and entry-way windows as a result of the emergency response efforts made by the RCMP and other first responders following the flood.

The Mayor and Council appreciate the work and resources both the Province of Alberta and the RCMP have put into resolving these concerns and helping to rebuild the Town of High River.

If you think the RCMP and first responders damaged your doors and entry-way windows as a result of the emergency response efforts following the flood, please call RCMP at 403.652.2356. An officer will come to your home and confirm the damage. Please have photographs of the damage or take photos. Repair the damage and submit the receipts for re-imbursement to the RCMP detachment in High River. Following that, the Town of High River will process and mail the payment as quickly as possible. If you have already started a claim with the RCMP you will not be required to resubmit the claim.[/h]

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Residents to Be Compensated for Damage to Doors Incurred During Searches

MEDIA ADVISORY
Wednesday, September 18, 2013

HIGH RIVER, AB: The Town of High River Mayor and Council have collaborated with the Province of Alberta and the RCMP that sees The Town manage a process to compensate residents who incurred damage to their door and entry-way windows as a result of the emergency response efforts made by the RCMP and other first responders following the flood.

The Mayor and Council appreciate the work and resources both the Province of Alberta and the RCMP have put into resolving these concerns and helping to rebuild the Town of High River.

If you think the RCMP and first responders damaged your doors and entry-way windows as a result of the emergency response efforts following the flood, please call RCMP at 403.652.2356. An officer will come to your home and confirm the damage. Please have photographs of the damage or take photos. Repair the damage and submit the receipts for re-imbursement to the RCMP detachment in High River. Following that, the Town of High River will process and mail the payment as quickly as possible. If you have already started a claim with the RCMP you will not be required to resubmit the claim.

I saw this in the news...the RCMP is not paying dime-one...the province of Alberta is paying for it.

Sun News : Alberta opens door to compensation for damage done by High River RCMP

Trukker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep of course the tax payers are paying . Good thing we get to pay for our doors kicked in . My neighbour followed them around as they were booting in doors asking them WTF why not just break a window rather than a 1500.00 door or even better a locksmith . Locksmith was there in about 2 hrs opening doors quicker than they could boot them in .

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I heard 1400 houses got broke into

Whoever made that call should be in jail with no chance of ever working in law enforcement again.

x2

it blows my mind, if they are paying back for damages they have admited wrong and should be charged with tresspassing. But instead we pay for it with our tax dollars or like mentioned above at least break a window or a get a lock smith. It will only get worse because we let the authority get away with this breach of our rights.

Keep fighting High river residents your homes were broken into plain and simple there was no need to go in there.

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Really working on their public image of serve and protect, I would be pissed too if those knuckle heads had bashed in my door. I'm thinking if you are a cop in high river you'd be looking for a transfer.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why even break in?? Why not try knocking. Nobody answers chances are nobodies home,,, so move on...

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why even break in?? Why not try knocking. Nobody answers chances are nobodies home,,, so move on...

If you were intending to ignore a mandatory evacuation order would you answer the door when the cops are knocking on your door? Doubt it.

At the same time the meatheads could have used a different approach than kicking the doors in and used a little more respect when inside but it was a state of emergency and when assigned to make sure an entire town is evacuated I guess you get it done as quickly as possible.

For the people who are up in arms about the province/ feds paying for the damage-- where did you think the money was going to come from? An RCMP bottle drive? They're a publicly funded organization.

Maybe my opinion would change if the shoe was on the other foot, maybe not. There were extenuating circumstances and they responded as best they could.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My understanding is they had flown the whole town with an ir camera equipped helicopter that could read heat signatures from the air, so kicking in doors was for what?

Last edited:

somethingnuw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My understanding is they had flown the whole town with an ir camera equipped helicopter that could read heat signatures from the air, so kicking in doors was for what?

i've used those with search and rescue... they don't look inside a house... a guy standing or lying just inside of the tree line can't be seen either... hell we had a passed out guy lying in a conola field... never spotted him! they aren't as good as the high end video games we play or our kids play have you believe...

anyhow... not the point... i believe the whole thing was handled poorly and we still need a public answer from the RCMP as to why they did what they did... yes they are publicly funded and accountable... we are all still waiting for their account... im sure they are not talking becuase of cival court cases that have already started and the investigations into this incident conducted by whoever the heck it is that watches them (sorry can't remember the name)... so hold on and wait... we will hear about all this in about 2 years lol...

Top Bottom