Golden, Yes or No

arcticdodge

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am thinking of going to Golden around Dec 27 for a few days. I have only ever been to the CNP, Atlas, and Corbin. I am wondering where is a good safe place to sled for a guy with some but not alot of mountain experience. Also interested in a hotel which is safe and hopefully secure. When at these areas do you need a trail pass daily, weekly or yearly? Any info greatly appreciated. Thanks Mark:d

buck50

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
quartz creek is probably your best bet. it's about 15-20 mins W of golden on the number 1. great area to ride for all abilities. the trail in is only about 10 miles or so and is groomed a lot. they collect trail fees in the parking lot, i think they are $15 still for the day. there is a nice cabin at the base of the riding area, and all in all, a good place to ride. as for hotels, i know lots of guys that stay at the golden rim. good rooms, restaurant and bar.

cooper

Reaction score
Couldnt agree more and the golden rim is sled friendly, good food and drink.quarts is fun for the whole fam damly.

PolarisRMK700PIPED

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
quartz creek is probably your best bet. it's about 15-20 mins W of golden on the number 1. great area to ride for all abilities. the trail in is only about 10 miles or so and is groomed a lot. they collect trail fees in the parking lot, i think they are $15 still for the day. there is a nice cabin at the base of the riding area, and all in all, a good place to ride. as for hotels, i know lots of guys that stay at the golden rim. good rooms, restaurant and bar.
Some friends i know went up quartz creek this season already and said it was good ! do you guys still think it will be ridable?

farmer4ever

Reaction score
These guys are bang on as far as Quartz is concerned. I've also stayed at the Ponderossa Inn before. It was just a room but it was clean and if you tell them your a sledder they have an extra discount, which means more $$$ for fuel and other recreational activities in the evening:beer:

buck50

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some friends i know went up quartz creek this season already and said it was good ! do you guys still think it will be ridable?
easiest place to get into, without a doubt, plus there is a such a variety of terrain there that makes it great for sledders of ALL abilities!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom