Golden 2016/2017

JZ1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where does a guy look for somewhat accurate weather for Quartz? For Alberta there is a good website that has 1000s of weather stations to pick from. Does BC have som thing similar or is the golden weather fairly close to what Quartz is?

Mach1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So we are deciding if we are gonna go to golden. But have they got any new snow or is it all tracked up. I know lots can happen before sat am. Is it a waste to go now.

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where does a guy look for somewhat accurate weather for Quartz? For Alberta there is a good website that has 1000s of weather stations to pick from. Does BC have som thing similar or is the golden weather fairly close to what Quartz is?

Snow Forecast, Snow Reports & Snow Conditions

Is just north of Quartz.

Also Quartz typically gets similar weather to rogers pass so you can keep an eye on the webcam and weather for a good indication of conditions and accumulations.

PEAK SEEKER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Quartz report; trail was well groomed, lacking in snow for the first few kilometres though. Similar conditions to Silent, not a ton of base, but there's still some fresh snow to be had in the trees if you're the adventurous type. Lots of nasty hidden stumps and rocks, as well as open creeks. Today turned out to be pretty nice, the sun came out and stayed out in the late morning. But it was pretty tracked out when we got in there, and got even more hammered out by the end of the day, so I think Quartz could now use a reload.

Stop at GSR before heading out, they're usually pretty good with giving out info on what area's are good or not.

Nighthunter

Reaction score
Anyone been to Gorman recently? Is the lake frozen over and less land mines now? How's the trail and hill getting in?
Looking to head that way next weekend and we're not sure if we should go to Golden or Revy... Any feedback would be great! Thanks in advance...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cschmidt17

Reaction score
Anyone been to Gorman recently? Is the lake frozen over and less land mines now? How's the trail and hill getting in?
Looking to head that way next weekend and we're not sure if we should go to Golden or Revy... Any feedback would be great! Thanks in advance...

Heading there tomorrow! Will give you an update.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

Popik

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Unless Golden gets a good refresh dump id carry on to Revy. Rode both this past weekend and Revy had the goods

cschmidt17

Reaction score
Snow Report on Gorman Lake: definitely need some new snow! But, if your adventurous and want to find the good snow it's still there! We rode about 1-3 feet all day long today was an awesome first day out! People seem to forget some of the best riding is even before the zone haha

Cazwell

Reaction score
Snow Report on Gorman Lake: definitely need some new snow! But, if your adventurous and want to find the good snow it's still there! We rode about 1-3 feet all day long today was an awesome first day out! People seem to forget some of the best riding is even before the zone haha

Did they sand up the road in real good? Reports said it was quite icy but was supposed to get sanded on Friday.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Does anybody have snow report from the week? Headed up for the weekend, thanx

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

ducati

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode Quartz today. Snowing a good part of the day and low vis at elevation so there is lots of snow left to find if the sun comes out. Still managed to find good snow in places and had a good day.

dwight3566

Reaction score
Anyone know what happens in Golden on New Years Eve?

Gonna be in town riding for the weekend and looking for a spot for 3 couples to hang out a celebrate.

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone know what happens in Golden on New Years Eve?

Gonna be in town riding for the weekend and looking for a spot for 3 couples to hang out a celebrate.

The entire town core(Main Street) is a celebration. Most likely won't need a ticket as that will be rocking loud enough to hear it outside.

toyz

Reaction score
anybody heading out on the 28 and would not mind an extra rider. I have all the equipment, course and decent sled. anywhere around golden is fine

Top Bottom