goggles fogging

amishdonkeys

Reaction score
Any suggestions on how to keep my goggles from fogging up? I wear a ski-doo snow cross helmet w/ the mouth insert & klim balaclava. For goggles I have the Smith (made for ski-doo), Oakley, and a cheap off brand kind.

To be honest the cheap pair seem to work the best so far. IS there any time a anti fog cream anybody uses? Or home remedy tricks? Adjusting the goggles differently on my face/helmet? Or say screw it and get a modular helmet (The snowcross helmet came with the sled).

1st year of sledding after MANY years without one.

Thanks

Popsiclestand

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Take them off when you are going to be doing strenous work, (IE: getting unstuck if you are a mountain rider). Use a breath deflecter (although i see you already have one) To stop foggint theres a thing called a "Smith No-Fog Cloth"--Not sure if you can still get them though.

powder junkie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
better googles. i run 509's and rarely fog. my smith fog all the time. buddys spy's fog too. or u can try the eliminator. its a fan that clips into ur googles to suck moisture out. pm trax 2 trendz on here. they sell them along wit sum kool googles. just got my eliminator for my other googles. cant wait to try it out.

GasCan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.oldgasolinesigns.com
I wear SPY goggles and added the Haber Vision fan inside the goggles. It clips up inside and has a fan that extracts moisture from inside. Works slicker than one could imagine and at a cost of about 65.00 it's well worth it. Most of the better sled dealers carry them in stock and if not just google Haber Vision on the net.

Grizzly4323

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the same problem. Smith makes a goggle - Knowledge OTG Turbo. Over The Glasses with a small fan to prevent fogging. Looks like it works good. I am going to try it.
Habervision also makes a small fan that will go into your existing goggles.
Good luck.

Carbon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
spit in and rubb clean with cloth,works really gooder,and you still can buy the goggle fog cloth works well. and yeah take off put under hood..i ride with 3 par and use than all every ride.and that eliminators sounds like best idea in while

Sleeper700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had issues with fogging when I was using the helmet I got free with my sled in 08. The breath deflector sucked and it let in wind all over the place, so I wore a balaclava alot. But then, when I put the goggles back on after working hard, they would still fog (not as much with the 509 goggles). When I switched to the Klim F4 helmet, my Ski-doo by Smith goggles w/quarter mask over the nose fit in SO PERFECTLY, I never take them off... ever. I can dig out a sled, and know that I will not have any trouble with fog. I bring my 509's for riding when it is really warm, but the Smith's get worn a lot more. My 509's are the original, so they don't have the wider foam or the nose cover, and I'm sure that the 2009 and newer ones would be great too. It just goes to show how important the goggle/helmet combination is when you are trying to prevent fog. Just my 2 cents.

four4all

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Get some Quick Straps - and like they already mentioned, take 'em off your face when you stop.

As for the lens - make sure you have the double lens - and consider rubbing shampoo on the lens (and wipe off cleanly) - an old hockey visor trick that works well.

Good Luck!

amishdonkeys

Reaction score
I'm going to order some haber vision eliminators. Just from reading here and other sites they seem to be the way to go. Until they show up I'm gonna use the shampoo or pledge (another hockey visor trick) inside the goggles.

Thanks for the replies

littlehoe

Reaction score
i just got my habers and after the first night out I am really impressed... they kept the goggles clear all night long... it was about -20 without a wind...

amishdonkeys

Reaction score
littlehoe--are you using just the haber elimanator clip in or the haber goggle combo w/ the elimnator built in?

another question: what color lenses do you wear for day and night time riding?

summ-it-up

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i used a spray i got for my hockey visor. used it all last year and this year so far and it has worked great so far. it's made by bauer and its a blue spray you rub on every couple of rides

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i just got my habers and after the first night out I am really impressed... they kept the goggles clear all night long... it was about -20 without a wind...

Just tried my Haber Eliminator for the first time. Worked about as well as I expected. Kept the goggles clear, and my glasses "mostly" clear. It's a monumental task to keep glasses clear under goggles so I didn't expect 100%, but this is the best I've ever had it. One question though.....how the heck do you get the battery door to stay on.....other than the scotch tape method I'm using? You'd think for 60 bucks you wouldn't have to tape it together! :confused:

amishdonkeys

Reaction score
Local dealer has some Smith turbos which I'm getting picked up. I post on how they work out.

I'm going to order some colored (blue or yellow polarized for bright days) haber's too. Then I'll post a comparison test.

Thanks

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One question though.....how the heck do you get the battery door to stay on.....other than the scotch tape method I'm using? You'd think for 60 bucks you wouldn't have to tape it together! :confused:
yours too? seems every time you twist the goggle frame too much the cover pops off. I taped mine too....other than that, they seem to work great.

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
Hi Tee and Moyie

Sorry we are on holidays and I just saw this post. I am so glad to hear that your eliminators are doing the trick for you. I am going to contact Sarah at Habervision about that battery cover coming off, that should not be happening. They have a 1 year warranty and I am sure they will cover that. Just a couple of questions though so I can pass on accurate information.

1) Did the cover initially stay on and then fell off or did it not click in from the start?

2) If it initially stayed on what happened to cause the cover to come off ie. were you taking the goggles off?

It is not be intention to come across as rude I just want to be passing on good information so they can fully understand the nature of the problem and correct it.

I will be back home on the 4th of January and will contact her then.

Thanks so much for the info!!

Happy New Year!

PS Moyie we were just riding around Kitchener for the past few days.

Jan.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Jan, mine seemed fine when I took it out of the package, but after I removed it and put the battery in I never could get it to stay put. I taped it shut before I ever installed it in my goggles. Hope this helps.

Kitchener! Heck, you drove right past the good stuff! (LOL)

Ken

Top Bottom