Go Pro Batteries

M1ryguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Every time I go to pull out my go pro the thing dies within a couple minutes, the battery must get cold and losses it charge, anyone else have problems with this?

kingcat162

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Every time I go to pull out my go pro the thing dies within a couple minutes, the battery must get cold and losses it charge, anyone else have problems with this?
Yup - they are terrible in the cold - I had the old gopro hero 3 - i put the brunton all day slip tank on it - made it last just about all day so I bought 2 - now I'm onto the hero 360 max with the aftermarket battery door so I can run it off of a brunton slip tank from in my bag and zip tie the wire to the backpack camera post

Heimie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the GoPro Hero 3. Nothing but issues with the batteries. I rarely pull it out of the back pack or bring it along, because it always dies. Just seems to take up room in the pack and for what? Useless. I carry a cheap digital camera in my handlebar bag now. Not great for videos but decent for pictures, and it's quick and easy to pull out when you're buddy is stuck to snap off a couple pics before you help him! I'm sure someone makes a better action sports camera for videos and stuff, but I haven't bothered looking.

Dutchman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Strange how the new ones are hard on batteries, maybe cause all the fancy features. I still use one of the original Gopro's. I think it says Hero on it. I have a one touch on/off setup. Many times I leave it on my helmet all day, just turn on/off if there's something interesting coming up. I can easily go 2 days of riding without recharging. Only problem with the old ones, is can't look at vids until I get home and hook up to computer.

Ruda77

Reaction score
No problem with GoPro 9 Black..have 2 OEM and one aftermarket from Amazon ..usually get around 1 hour of each in -12 temperature using 2.7k super wide settings...
Unless you upgrade to newer camera and buy some of their 'cold weather' Enduro batteries...

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My Session4 has been decent but needs to be in the glove box until you use it. then its good for a couple hours on/off. been looking at an upgrade for a bit. probably a 9 or newer.

Cubby

Reaction score
If you can try running the camera off a power bank. I run my Sony HDR-AS50 off a small 4400 mAh one and it lasts for 6+ hours. I have the power bank in the inside breast pocket of my jacket and tuck the cord inside my jacket at the neck.

When I had my old Hero 3+ you could buy a water proof case with integrated charging cable for it.

I had Wasabi branded batteries for my Hero and they lasted 2+ hrs in the cold.

M1ryguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was just out in revy during the cold temps, couldn’t get more than 10 seconds recorded before the batteries would die. Kept some hot packs in my bag next to the batteries and got 35 seconds out of it this way lol. Here’s my new solution

Attachments

• 741ECF1C-D24A-490F-A32A-33EC262A14EF.jpeg
    741ECF1C-D24A-490F-A32A-33EC262A14EF.jpeg
    278.5 KB · Views: 78

M1ryguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Besides it adding weight and being a pain to have a cord attached it should make the go pro run all day if a guy wanted to, this setup keeps it water proof for sledding

Attachments

• 9E7B87E3-D2E6-421D-9E57-F2BFF15C16B3.jpeg
    9E7B87E3-D2E6-421D-9E57-F2BFF15C16B3.jpeg
    154.3 KB · Views: 67
Top Bottom