Go Cart

mudd kitty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking at the American Sport Works go cart 150cc anyone had any experience with these? Need some info......

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

heavy d

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can't see them being any differant than the Gio, or simular "off" brands. They can be alot of fun and hours of cheap entertainment if you have a sense of mechanical inclination.

Like with my kids bikes, I bought Gio, and with buying them, i also knew that every bolt would have to come out and be locktited before they were riden.
With regular maintanence, the bikes have lasted long enogh to be past down to cousins

Over all good bang for the buck....but do remember....THERE IS A REASON WHY THEY ARE SO MUCH CHEAPER

mudd kitty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have had a lot of experience with the Gio's but these American sport works have a subaru engine and are not cheap in price $2400 for the one I was looking at. Have u tried one out heavy?

I'm not familiar with ay subaru engines so I don't know if that's good or bad?

mudd kitty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Driving it!! Lol jp it'll be mainly dirt and its for the chicklettes to ride around. Just don't want to get the Gio type where u have to take the thing apart as soon as u get it Would like to know if this brand is reliable.

heavy d

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have no personal expierience with these Kitty, buy the look of the googled website, it sounds like they carry good warrenty.

Sorry can't be of more help

Bill Daley

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We had one that clocked on radar at 119 miles an hour at the oval track here a few years ago.

I don't know mutch about the ones you were looking at but if you can get somewhere where they are raced you will be able to pick something up in a used one running Honda 5 horse that is very dependable and will serve the purpose you want alot cheaper.By changing the gears you can get them to run the speed you want as well.When we bought ours it ran us 450 and is still running 10 years later. :beer::beer::beer:

Top Bottom