gearing 2009 summit 154

summitized

Reaction score
im thinking of going with 19/49 gears.........has any one run these with stock clutching...im running 19/45 right now and runs strong......but i heard this is even much better

drop the hammer

Reaction score
Put your money into a clutch kit first, then do gearing. Bigger gains in the clutch kit than in gearing. It costs alot to go to the 49 t bottom gear with the cost of the gear and the chain as well. Deep dearing definitely improves the sled for mtn use, however, the big XP problem is the stock clutching hands down.

Snow Bro

Reaction score
I went with the 20-49, and it is more pricey. You need to change the chain, and buy the gears. My buddy went the cheaper route, and geared his 19-47, and didn't have to change his chain. It's fairly close to the same ratio as mine.Do some research regarding this, I'm not sure if this may put more strain on some of the drive mechanisms. He also has the DJ kit, and DJ will be able to help you get it dialed in. I'm sure the other clutch kit retailers offer the same expertise.We were both disappointed with our sleds prior to gearing down, and both are in agreement that these sleds are the best we've owned. We also did the xtreme air intake mod, put in side panel vents, and cans.
This is not a good prairie set up, as the top end is limited to around 75mph. I'm no clutching expert or I'd give you some pointers.
IMHO it was well worth the $$$.:cool:

Last edited:
Top Bottom