Garmin Inreach on Sale

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks like Cabelas is blowing out the Inreach Explorer + if anyone is in the market..
Screenshot_20221121-085522_Chrome.jpg

norona

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.noronalife.com
I sell zoleo for 260.00 half the price, and same iridium network, plus uses cell, wifi and sat, has a designated number over the number changes on inreach, same battery life, pm me. Road Post who built the inreach product is the company that sold it to garmin and now built zoleo so they have been in the sat business for 20 plus years. cheers

vodoo103

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I sell zoleo for 260.00 half the price, and same iridium network, plus uses cell, wifi and sat, has a designated number over the number changes on inreach, same battery life, pm me. Road Post who built the inreach product is the company that sold it to garmin and now built zoleo so they have been in the sat business for 20 plus years. cheers
Wouldn't Zoleo be more comparable to the Garmin Inreach Mini? I don't see any GPS capabilities other than sharing your location.

norona

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.noronalife.com
Wouldn't Zoleo be more comparable to the Garmin Inreach Mini? I don't see any GPS capabilities other than sharing your location.
the zoleo does not have any mapping on it except for your loacation, this was left off as now there is gaia, ski tracks and a host of other free apps on your phone that will follow and map your whole day, allow you to bread crumb etc for FREE and your cell phone works when these are opened in cell and then work and follow you all day with out cell. Try gaia as it is free on a walk or hike or ride if your not on snow yet to see, the problem with the inreach is you are paying for things that use to be needed that now are free, if you have the cheapest plan from inreach all those points and bread crumbs cost money.

sledhead9825

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have had a inreach for many years. Great tool. If I were to replace it, I would get the Zoleo. Dorona is correct. I cant believe I said that....

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the zoleo does not have any mapping on it except for your loacation, this was left off as now there is gaia, ski tracks and a host of other free apps on your phone that will follow and map your whole day, allow you to bread crumb etc for FREE and your cell phone works when these are opened in cell and then work and follow you all day with out cell. Try gaia as it is free on a walk or hike or ride if your not on snow yet to see, the problem with the inreach is you are paying for things that use to be needed that now are free, if you have the cheapest plan from inreach all those points and bread crumbs cost money.

Not quite correct.

Inreach let's you track to your phone app all day for no cost.

If you care about sending track points the inreach plan costs $35/month, zoleo is $2.50/ month less for the same feature. But Inreach comes with Garmin maps on the phone app that can be used at anytime with or without the inreach device.

Oh, and maybe you should start your own thread about the Zoleo instead of highjacking someone else's to plug your product...

thiels2

Reaction score
Not quite correct.

If you care about sending track points the inreach plan costs $35/month, zoleo is $2.50/ month less for the same feature. But Inreach comes with Garmin maps on the phone app that can be used at anytime with or without the inreach device.

Oh, and maybe you should start your own thread about the Zoleo instead of highjacking someone else's to plug your product...
The main point of the thread was good value, what is the harm in providing another option of good value? Maybe some people want options that are more cost effective or don’t need certain functions.

Secondly Dave is just trying to do his job and simply provide some information? Doubt you would enjoy people harassing you for trying to do your job so not sure what point you are trying to make.

crashidy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just one thing of note with inreach you can send a text and it comes with a location. Super helpful hunting or sledding. The zoleo does not send a location back to inreach. Hunted this fall with a couple buddies and that was an issue. Two had zoleo and two had inreach... Made a difference when trying to figure out where to go to help pack out.
Quite happy with my inreach... Just occasional message delays though

mclean

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'll sell mine for 399 if someone wants it. I want the mini because I never go out for 7 days at a time

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Just one thing of note with inreach you can send a text and it comes with a location. Super helpful hunting or sledding. The zoleo does not send a location back to inreach. Hunted this fall with a couple buddies and that was an issue. Two had zoleo and two had inreach... Made a difference when trying to figure out where to go to help pack out.
Isn't that an advantage of having the Polaris with the built in GPS and buddy marker. If we all had inreaches they work the same way.

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The main point of the thread was good value, what is the harm in providing another option of good value? Maybe some people want options that are more cost effective or don’t need certain functions.

Secondly Dave is just trying to do his job and simply provide some information? Doubt you would enjoy people harassing you for trying to do your job so not sure what point you are trying to make.

And if the information was correct and his first post didn't start out "I sell zoleo for 260.00 half the price" there wouldn't be an issue.

The motivation of the posts wasn't to provide another option, it was to provide his option.

sledneck__11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ive been comparing dif options myself leaning towarsa zoleo as i always have my rhino for mapping

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Zoleo, cell phone, and Trail Tech Voyager Pro for this guy. I would be Garmin 700i if it had the Voyager/Polaris buddy tracking embedded. Can't believe the sled manufactures can't just band together on something so simple and important to the mountain sleds. If you go with Zoleo, you will likely be packing you phone as well, so download Gaia for maps. Gotta say, Gaia maps seem better than Garmin.

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

They have to add the Location Share+ package to their plan, then it shares the GPS location with every message. Also enables preset tracking intervals.

norona

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.noronalife.com
Not quite correct.

I dont care what anyone buys, the inreach is awesome, but your just paying more, gaia and ski tracks are free apps that allow you to map and bread crumb all day every day for free, if you want to spend more get an inreach if you want to save money get a zoleo. And buy it for more in a store, it does not affect me at all!

norona

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.noronalife.com
you get a map of location as well, location share is if you want it to go out automatically from every 6 minutes to every 6 hours, and it also gives the user free unlimited check in messages which is what is mainly used. you should not have delays in messages on the inreach, do a software check and that should go away if you have not done one in a while

norona

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.noronalife.com
And if the information was correct and his first post didn't start out "I sell zoleo for 260.00 half the price" there wouldn't be an issue.

The motivation of the posts wasn't to provide another option, it was to provide his option.
sorry pal been using inreach for 10 years and zoleo for 4, and yes I sell zoleo as a dealer as well as i am an athlete with the company, its also cheaper from me as I want to offer the best deal for my community, easy to buy it from a shop to, both are great, its just if you want to spend more money. I like helping people save money, cheers

norona

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.noronalife.com
Isn't that an advantage of having the Polaris with the built in GPS and buddy marker. If we all had inreaches they work the same way.
no they do not, inreach is sat only and you can send messages inreach to inreach or zoleo to zoleo and it will show where they are but you would have to send messages and force check as it checks messages every 10 minutes... radios are for close communication, these are really for communication with the outside and sos function, the polaris buddy marker is awesome and another safety measure.

Top Bottom