Garmin Inreach on Sale

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What’s everyone’s thoughts of the new iPhone 14 being sat messaging and location capable?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

norona

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.noronalife.com
What’s everyone’s thoughts of the new iPhone 14 being sat messaging and location capable?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
the issue is it is on the globalstar platform, so we know how well that works with spot, I am sure apple will put some money into it, it also won't be free for long.

firstdoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the issue is it is on the globalstar platform, so we know how well that works with spot, I am sure apple will put some money into it, it also won't be free for long.
Heard free for 24 months. No word on monthly bill after that but with a phone upgrade ever 2 years might not cost a dime. Lol

norona

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.noronalife.com
Heard free for 24 months. No word on monthly bill after that but with a phone upgrade ever 2 years might not cost a dime. Lol
free for global star = still not worth it, just google the issues with spot which uses globalstar, the iridium network is the largest and any savy person with a sat phone or sat comm will tell you that. cheers dave

firstdoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
free for global star = still not worth it, just google the issues with spot which uses globalstar, the iridium network is the largest and any savy person with a sat phone or sat comm will tell you that. cheers dave
I’ve had an inreach mini for 3 season now. No issues at all with it. I wouldn’t rely on an iPhone in the mountains for my just in case. That may change in a few years when there’s 20K more mini communication satellites up there though.

JMCX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's only a matter of time before Elon comes out with his own phone or partners with someone to utilize the Starlink anywhere.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
He'll need like 2 million satellites in low earth orbit to pull that off. Lmao

Think id rather buy a zolo off norona than never beable to see the stars again...

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
He'll need like 2 million satellites in low earth orbit to pull that off. Lmao

Think id rather buy a zolo off norona than never beable to see the stars again...
Ran the Zoleo tethered to my cell this weekend. Worked great. Having the Frunk on the doo in nice. Warm storage with dual usb power outlets keep the batteries on all my crap charged nicely.

norona

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.noronalife.com
Zoleo now gives free unlimited check in messages on any program.
Screen Shot 2022-11-29 at 9.12.54 AM.png
Screen Shot 2022-11-29 at 9.13.09 AM.png

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My Inreach SE is showing its age... might just need a Zoleo...

I'm going to try an update and see if it smartens up.

I don't need that in the back of my mind when we are way back...

firstdoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Zoleo now gives free unlimited check in messages on any program.
My Garmin subscription has unlimited check in messages as well. 10 custom message included and its $15.70/month with tax.
If I do end up using a bunch of custom messages on the hill, it would be for a reason (safety/help/911 kinda thing) and wouldn't cross my mind about a bill at the end.

I won't be switching to Zoleo any time soon as I really like my Garmin for communication, emergencies, and mapping.

norona

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.noronalife.com
My Garmin subscription has unlimited check in messages as well. 10 custom message included and its $15.70/month with tax.
If I do end up using a bunch of custom messages on the hill, it would be for a reason (safety/help/911 kinda thing) and wouldn't cross my mind about a bill at the end.

I won't be switching to Zoleo any time soon as I really like my Garmin for communication, emergencies, and mapping.
This aint trying to get you to switch, inreach is awesome and you are in at an old cost, so wont be that cheap if you ever cancel, so don't but i just ell my buds to sell it casue they can still get good money and get the similar product with upgraded deticated number and use the left over to pay for over half a year of subscription. You can't really promote a low payment when guys who are buying now won't get that, but glad you are in so low. Inreach is an awesome product, it is just a lot of money for guys who want to just have it sit in a pack, and not use and once your using its features the cost is much higher. Mapping etc. I used inreach for 10 years and never had one bad issue with it. Its just more money.

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's only a matter of time before Elon comes out with his own phone or partners with someone to utilize the Starlink anywhere.

SpaceX announced back in August they were partnering with T-MOBILE in the US to offer text connectivity when out of the service area. Should be out sometime in 2023.

Musk has openly asked other carriers in other countries to partner with SpaceX for the same arrangement.

Top Bottom