Garage Furnace issues

gasman

Reaction score
Looking for anyone who may know someone or a company that can give me a quote for a new garage furnace. Had a technician diagnose problem yesterday as either a weak purge motor or weak pressure switch. He is checking into parts but I don't feel confident he will have any luck. I really didn't like the ballpark quote he gave for $2500-3500. thx

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking for anyone who may know someone or a company that can give me a quote for a new garage furnace. Had a technician diagnose problem yesterday as either a weak purge motor or weak pressure switch. He is checking into parts but I don't feel confident he will have any luck. I really didn't like the ballpark quote he gave for $2500-3500. thx

What kind/size of furnace do you have in your garage that costs that much?

gasman

Reaction score
thats what I thought, quote was a lennox or reznor, 25-30k btu

gunner3006

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What make is your unit heater? Changing the ventor motor or pressure switch is no big deal and should not be over $500.

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just bought a a whole new one from bartle and Gibson for $800

125,000 btu

They are really easy to replace.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A 50,000 btu mr heater at princess auto is what I had in my 26x30 detached garage. Loved that unit. It was already rated for our altitude so it didnt need to be messed with.

Danbot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A 50,000 btu mr heater at princess auto is what I had in my 26x30 detached garage. Loved that unit. It was already rated for our altitude so it didnt need to be messed with.

Love the mr heater, I installed one in my parents shop after seeing it in action at a friends. Heats up dads large single super fast!

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I have the 80k version for 2 winters now and super happy with it. So easy to install.

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Go with the reznor! Not much extra cost but way quieter! Worth the cost if any!

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What make is your unit heater? Changing the ventor motor or pressure switch is no big deal and should not be over $500.

X2. Or you got the wrong Tech. Also check you don’t have a birds nest or something plugging the vent.

FastFarmer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Go with the reznor! Not much extra cost but way quieter! Worth the cost if any!

We hsve in floor heat in the garage but I tend to use the Reznor the most, they’re awesome. We have them in all th3 garages, never had an issue, install them any way or location you want, very reliable.

getzcold

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Should be easy to get a venter motor go to soppers they got any motor you can think of or can get it. There’s also universal pressure switches out there should be fairly cheap to fix.

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Should be easy to get a venter motor go to soppers they got any motor you can think of or can get it. There’s also universal pressure switches out there should be fairly cheap to fix.
Where?

I have had a real tough time finding appliance motors......

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where?

I have had a real tough time finding appliance motors......

f040cf4ea2704419d679ab5e11a4ca28.jpg

gunner3006

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sopers will be your best bet. But if you have a reznor you have lots of different vendors. If you don’t have a cracked heat exchanger I would just replace your ventor.

CJD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don’t buy a mr heater from princess auto. For another 75 dollars you can get a reznor which is like comparing a Chinese knock off welder or Miller. The reznors are a lot more efficient, reliable, and quieter for not much more money. I also second checking your venting, and make sure there is no water in the pressure switch tube. Also make sure the little port is not plugged. After that you can change the inducer and pressure switch for a few hundred. A new reznor will be about 800. Just need to know where to buy.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The thing with a reznor is its rated to 0-2000ft elevation. The mr heaters are rated for high elevation, at least the older canadian mr heaters we good to 2000-4500ft.

So when purchasing a reznor the output will need to be derated for the altitude, if its over 2000ft.

Last edited:
Top Bottom