Garage Cabinet Build

RazorSVT

Reaction score
Well my 30x32' garage was getting cluttered yet I had a lot of unused space so decided to build some cabinets. It took me 5 days but pretty happy with the turn out.

16' long x 10' tall and 2' wide. Used 2x4x10, 2x2x8 and 1/2" plywood G1S. I don't have too much experience building with wood but I'm learning. :)

Before:

dragonweld28

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Looks awesome.... When are you coming to Edmonton? My garage could use some organization.

brutematt750

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya buddy. That looks great. I like how you put the compressor and elec box in the cabinet too.
It must really cut the noise down from the compressor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RazorSVT

Reaction score
Looks awesome.... When are you coming to Edmonton? My garage could use some organization.
Haha
Ya buddy. That looks great. I like how you put the compressor and elec box in the cabinet too.
It must really cut the noise down from the compressor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thanks, not sure if it cut down the noise that much since I haven't used the compressor since I put it in there but I did find a box of Dynamat I had from my cobra, thinking about lining that cabinet. ;)

Nice job,looks too organized now lol.
. Haha, it sure is nice to make more space. Planning on doing a similar setup for the other side of shop. ;)

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice work, looks like it was a fun project and it came out looking like a pro did it.
The only thing is, i would vent the compressor room (cabinet) or you will find it will get very hot in there, not good for the compressor. I would install an inlet vent from your shop into it and an outlet vent, venting out side with a suction fan pulling the air out if needed during continual operation.
Or you could leave the top portion of the cab open to allow the heat to escape.

Chump

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking good! I'm making some to. Trying to decide on what to paint with. Used 3/4 mdf all around. Turned out good. Time to paint!!!! 20150619_183540.jpg

KevinA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
looks great! can never be to organized in a shop. don't be surprised if you find your self finding more storage projects to build....

RazorSVT

Reaction score
Nice work, looks like it was a fun project and it came out looking like a pro did it.
The only thing is, i would vent the compressor room (cabinet) or you will find it will get very hot in there, not good for the compressor. I would install an inlet vent from your shop into it and an outlet vent, venting out side with a suction fan pulling the air out if needed during continual operation.
Or you could leave the top portion of the cab open to allow the heat to escape.
Thanks it was fun actually. If it's going to be on for long periods I'll just leave the door open but good call.

Looking good! I'm making some to. Trying to decide on what to paint with. Used 3/4 mdf all around. Turned out good. Time to paint!!!!View attachment 187638

That looks really good. I have a brand new Wagner power sprayer good for unthinned latex paints but didn't want to bother with overspray and the gun cleanup So I'll just save it for staining my deck. I did this with a paint pad.. Worked a lot better than a roller.

looks great! can never be to organized in a shop. don't be surprised if you find your self finding more storage projects to build....

I hear you, planning on doing a similar design for the other side of shop when I get back from holidays. :)

john s

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I really need to get my arse in gear and do something like this. Stuff you can buy seems so expensive.

Sent from my iPhone while wishing the snow was gone so I can go dirt biking.

Top Bottom