FYI! Bruderheim Recreation Area

Snowmahn

Reaction score
HEADS UP!
if you plan on riding up in the North Bruderheim recreation area, make sure you stick to the east side of hwy 830 in the riding area. A few buddies and i ventured out to the west of hwy 830, there are some trails over their and we were thinking it was crown land. We got stopped by the county mounties and told that we were tresspassing. It is all private land owned by oil companies. Got charged $300 for trespassing and thretened to have our rides seized. No riding or shooting to the west of hwy 830.

STAY OUT AND AWAY. Stick to the riding area. There is no crown land in area just a alberta park that all you can do is walk through, no camping, shooting, quading, etc.....

AB RANGER 007

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
" KNOW BE FORE YOU GO." There are 2 small areas in Township 56, Range 21, West of the Forth Meridian, called the NORTHWEST OF BRUDERHEIM NATURAL AREA. Total 641 Ac or 259.41 Ha. DECEMBER 20 2007. O.C. FILE NUBER 588/2007. Check it out on the Department of Tourism, Parks, Recreation and Culture web site under NATURAL AREAS.

Bruce.

Last edited:

Snowmahn

Reaction score
The cops were out at Bruderheim again today handing out info on the area. here is a picture of the information and map. hope it posts ok. I like the map, it shows the actual riding area.
pit2.jpg
pit1.jpg

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is nothing new, is it? It's been that way for at least the past 6 years. ...or so I thought.

camoJoe

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Never did venture to the west side of 830, however does that also mean you cannot ride on rr 204 and 205 ? just cross ?

Snowmahn

Reaction score
I was told you can cross over 205/204, going trail to trail, but can not be riding up and down road or they will charge me $250.00 for being on the road. Stick to the trail boys!

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't think that is considered a staging area as it is sand and not set up as a stage area even though so many people park there. No one used to park on the road. Now there are a crap load of vehicles there. Actually dangerous imo as last time I drive out there were people all over the road. It paying attention. I am surprised no one has got run over yet.

Top Bottom