From the ladies at North Country Lodge

POWDERCHOWDER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mcbride

Got Back On Monday Sleding Was Good, Went Back To Spirit Lake And Found Some Areas In The Trees With 2- 2.5 Feet Of Pow Friday Sunny, Saturday Overcast, Sunday Blue Sunny Sky. Ride On:) :) :)

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Thanks Norht Country Inn

Thanks for the updates on the Theft of Sleds (see info in Crime Lab thread).
It's because of people like you that we can feel just a little bit safer staying in you Motel.
A Big Thanks!!!

:)

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Going toMcBride on 27,28 and maybe 26. Five in group trying to find a new area and one day at Renshaw. Anybody else heading out next weekend?

summit.n.e.

Reaction score
:cool: snowchuk

there is 7 of us going be there the morning of the 26th
the summits are out numbered 5 to 2 the rest of the group are all cat guys
most likely renshaw creek to start with

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
be there

I will be in Mcbride on the morning of Jan. 25 for one day then off to Val. for three days. Going by myself by the look of it, so pm me or post tp let me know where you are going to ride on Thurs. Would like to ride with you guys. Barry

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sorry

I just read your post again and see that you are there on FRI. not THURS. Sorry bout that.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you have nobody to ride with on Friday bbtoys you may want to stay in McBride. We are either going to go past spirit lake and drop into Crushing Creek (150KM) or try to get to a new glacier which is about the same distance for the round trip. Weather is supposed to be sunny so either ride should be ok. If interested pm me.

Culvert

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Group of 4 heading out for 3Feb-7Feb. Anybody got plans that far inadvance? Would like to hook up with some new riders and find new areas to play in.

Mikey

Reaction score
Group of 4 heading out for 3Feb-7Feb. Anybody got plans that far inadvance? Would like to hook up with some new riders and find new areas to play in.

Where are your plans to ride, we will be in Vale/McBride 31st to 4th......

Culvert

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
with only 3 days to ride I think we will be on Renshaw for them all. Depends on the weather to, may have to hit Lucille

Mikey

Reaction score
with only 3 days to ride I think we will be on Renshaw for them all. Depends on the weather to, may have to hit Lucille

Likewise, we are probably going to ride renshaw the same days if you see a black GMC Long Box with with a deck and two 800 summits, that's probably us! See you on the hill somewhere.

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any new updates? 8 more sleeps till we invade the NCL's suites for a few nites. I think the aluminum on my tunnel is getting thin from polishing; I need to hit some hills with it again now.:Snowmobile1: :Cool9: :Cool9:

POWDERCHOWDER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mcbride

Post A Report On Conditions And Damage When You Get Home,
Have A Good Trip.

X

xrsrevdude

Well just got back from mcbride. Pretty good one day of riding. Woke up saturday and it looked like it was going to be a good day. Due to all the warm weather the trail up is getting pretty nasty with ice moguls. Please dont blame the groomer for he cant do anything about it. However, he could stop charging us $15 bucks. Anyway, one small avy on the way up at 2km. trail smothens out at 12km to 17km then rough again. More snow than ive seen at the cabin in about 10-12 years but very little fresh in the morning. Decided to drop over the step ladder and head for Spirit lake. Not too many people back there due to high avy conditions. Ran into 2 big groups of 14 people with trail sleds with dimple tracks. Thats how much fresh stuff there was. Went all the way back until the final drop to the lake but with the cornice overhanging that last drop in and the wind picking up, clouds rolling in, we decided not to drop in. On our way out we got socked in really bad and it took a while to find a trail leading up the step ladder. We slowly made our way to the top catching on of the groups with the dimple tracks trying to make the final pull out. We helped get them to the top and carried on our way. From there to the cabin wasn't bad but with the low visibility we decided to get back to the hot tub early and get bent out of shape. On the way down, it wasn't long before the snow turned to rain. Pouring rain at the parking lot. Thank god for the enclosed trailer. The next morning when we awoke it was still pouring so we decided with the conditions the way they are, we aren't risking our lives on the hills that day. So they should have alot of new snow from the overnight rains but the trails are like spring trails with mud and slush near the bottom. Safe trails to all and watch out for them avys. Tis' the season for AVYS!!!!

Top Bottom