Fog proofing glasses

foxrider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey, I was wondering if any of you who ride while wearing your glasses use a anti fog spray or wipe and if so what kind and how effective is it and where could I pick up some? Im sick of having to stop every 10 minutes to whipe down my glasses when im wearing goggles.

kenvb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
been snowmobiling since 1966 wearing glasses, tryed it all, BUT
best thing is heated face shield in my modular helmet ,,,.by far the best.

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the best is gimble eye center then u can throw away them glasses just saying :)

hayastusa

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I use the disposable contacts. I just wear them sledding and playing hockey. One buck per ride, unless I lose one during the day then $1.50.:beer:

PixelPerfectPhotography

Reaction score
Website
www.pixelperfectphotography.ca
My boyfriend and I have the same issue. We bought Habervisions Eliminators this year and LOVE them. We both have spy googles, his work a bit better but he has a better lens in his glasses than mine, I think anyhow. I would definately recommend them to anyone though.

jeffg463

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just had the eye surgery specifically because of fogging while sledding. Best 4 grand I ever spent. guaranteed for life 20/20. was paying $800 bucks a pair for glasses so I think 4 g's a deal over time. I can see for miles and crystal clear.

I had to laugh a little at your question as it is an age old problem people have being trying to solve since they first made glasses :) The surgery is very very safe now a days and if yer over 14 yer not to young.
Kenvb's right tho, best thing with glasses is a heated visor.

craptabulous

Reaction score
Just had the eye surgery specifically because of fogging while sledding. Best 4 grand I ever spent. guaranteed for life 20/20. was paying $800 bucks a pair for glasses so I think 4 g's a deal over time. I can see for miles and crystal clear.

I had to laugh a little at your question as it is an age old problem people have being trying to solve since they first made glasses :) The surgery is very very safe now a days and if yer over 14 yer not to young.
Kenvb's right tho, best thing with glasses is a heated visor.

I was told at 19 i was to young and it still wasnt recomended last time i asked at 21

Metalfusion

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How about the prescription goggle insert? My brother uses one and loves it. I prefer to wear my glasses under my goggles on the trail in and out and then switch to my prescription sunglasses up top. To each their own though.

jeffg463

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was told at 19 i was to young and it still wasnt recomended last time i asked at 21

Ask LasikMD. My niece had her eyes done at 16. Maybe it's individual, case by case. Who wasn't recommending it anyway, in your case?
My optometrist didn't recommend it either, but then he was the guy selling me the 800.00 glasses every year.

foxrider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ask LasikMD. My niece had her eyes done at 16. Maybe it's individual, case by case. Who wasn't recommending it anyway, in your case?
My optometrist didn't recommend it either, but then he was the guy selling me the 800.00 glasses every year.

I think its a case by case deal. My eyes are still developing, I asked 2 different optometrists and they said the same thing.

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Habervision's Eliminators have been the solution for me...not a good candidate for eye surgery or contacts sot his has become the perfect answer.

Attachments

• curtis.jpg
    curtis.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 180

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Habervision's Eliminators have been the solution for me...not a good candidate for eye surgery or contacts sot his has become the perfect answer.

I'll have to check them out, as I hate wearing contacts, and I'm too much of a puss to get my eyes burned. Wearing glasses sucks, but for me, it's still the lesser of the other evils.

gmac

Reaction score
Do you have their goggles or just the defogger unit in another brand of goggles?

youngpolarisguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't mean to steal a thread but has any one ever had any issues installing the eliminator in a set of goggles. i just use my mx goggles and i tired of them foging up 5 min in to a ride. I was going to buy a eliminator but want to know it will fit first.

Top Bottom