first mountain trip= big learning curve

Longhairfreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
TIP OF THE DAY Side hilling is for guys who don't have the power to go straight over the top!!!!!! And to ride a keyboard is easy LHF bring your outdated rainbow wedgie to the hills I am sure we all would love to see it go OR NOT!!!!!
Id like to know what my wedge is outdated to?

Got boost want snow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pretty much any of the 4. You have trailing arms, no fuel injection and basically it is a spooge of all 4 together to get a frankenstien rainbow brite wedgie. But back to the topic if you learn to ride your apex you will probably love it and not have any reason to change to a lighter sled.

Longhairfreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pretty much any of the 4. You have trailing arms, no fuel injection and basically it is a spooge of all 4 together to get a frankenstien rainbow brite wedgie. But back to the topic if you learn to ride your apex you will probably love it and not have any reason to change to a lighter sled.
Were the hardest 2 yrs of your life grade 1?

Got boost want snow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Truth hurts, so you bash character without even knowing me. You were the one who said it had all 4 manufacturers parts in it. And what is up to date about a wedge chassis?

sledrat403

Reaction score
Not sure if it was mentioned explicitly - I would guess you need to countersteer more while sidehilling. I have had an Apex for 4 years and I can sidehill endlessly on it using no effort. Don't use your weight to roll the sled, use the countersteer and throttle to lean it over. Practice it on flat ground with your legs on both running boards and you'll be riding like a champ in no time.

Every sled save for the snowhawks require countersteer to lean over easily.

Happy sledding!!

tnttrev

Reaction score
I could get it to lay over, its picking it back up once it falls (the before mentioned saftey feature of riding in numbers):)(
??? too heavy for what? Are you riding it? If not, then who the fawk cares how heavy it is. LOL My buddy rides one like it is a 440 short track Rev, downhill turns, wheely turns, etc etc. He is a maniac and he rarely shuts the thing off, at the end of the day when us 2 stroke guys are bagged, he is still busting donuts, we practically have to drag him off the hill. I always laugh at the guys that don't ride one, or even ride at all right LHF?, who say that it can't be done. People prove the haters wrong everyday. One trip to the mountains from flatland Sask is not enough to evaluate a sled outside of your typical riding element. If everyone evaluated sleds this way, we'd all still be riding 340 Cougars. If you can't get a sled to lay over in 2-3 ft of powder, its not the sleds fault.

kgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i wish yamaha would make a 2stroke.

Hehe davukmer.gif

Attachments

• Alan creek 006.jpg
    Alan creek 006.jpg
    188.3 KB · Views: 71

kgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lefty throttle was my favorite Mod.

tnttrev

Reaction score
This may be off topic a bit but, when you get to the cabin and you set off your fuel can, is it common for people to steal your fuel?

kgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This may be off topic a bit but, when you get to the cabin and you set off your fuel can, is it common for people to steal your fuel?

To answer your question No and the lefty worked great for me ( a true lefty not the crappy pull across)

Top Bottom