Reaction score
I see it!

sc0515-214572_1%402x.jpg

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes but not mid afternoon. Lol.

I've looked several nights with binos and haven't seen it
ok i seen it just now, you will need binoculars , had to readjust the compass on phone, the comet appears +/- 3 inches long, but is in the south part of the sky +/- 30 degrees up from horizontal, maybe 15-20 deg SW of south.
likely not be able to see it without binoculars. it is just east of MARS.
app is sky guide.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just looked again. Sposed to be NE of Polaris... don't see anything with binos.
no, it was, now in the south sky, just east of Mars, i take it you don't have the sky Guide app?

type in c/2022 E3 (ztf) comet

Lightningmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know not right orientation but the stars align and I understand it's sposed to be NE of polaris.

On a side note I thought the only thing North of polaris was a doo and the peak of the mountain. 🤣🤣🤣

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know not right orientation but the stars align and I understand it's sposed to be NE of polaris.

On a side note I thought the only thing North of polaris was a doo and the peak of the mountain. 🤣🤣🤣

that was dec and early january now it is heading south until it disappears right now you need to look toward Mars.

Lightningmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So it's a super clear night here . Can anyone tell me what the 2 bright lights are to the west? Maybe a bit Southish. Just so I can figure out this app

Top Bottom