Finally bought a boat.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
After a lot of years of wanting a river boat I finally bought one. Was going to wait till next year but I seen this one for a good deal and thought what the he!!. Not the fastest but is a nice little boat so far. Glad I didn't buy a brand new one, I see there is a big learning curve lol. I beached it on the rocks pretty hard one already and chewed the impeller up pretty good. It's a Harbercraft 1875 whitewater with a 165hp Yamaha jmax motor.
aa8a35c9e117c41b72021acda3bdf542.jpg
b948db56da2d5404f79b53a4122b4ee8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

J-Roc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Congrats!

You have entered a world that will have you saying both 'why didn't I do this sooner' and 'why did I do this!'

The learning curve is somewhat steep. Hardest part for me was teaching myself to pin it more when hitting bottom. Not let off. It's opposite of what your brain thinks.

Have fun!

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Congrats!

You have entered a world that will have you saying both 'why didn't I do this sooner' and 'why did I do this!'

The learning curve is somewhat steep. Hardest part for me was teaching myself to pin it more when hitting bottom. Not let off. It's opposite of what your brain thinks.

Have fun!

Yah that is hard to do. Got to learn to keep my distance between boats! That's how I biffed the rock bar the other night. My buddies was in front then his wake made it so I couldn't see the rock then bam, I wasn't wide open but was cruising pretty good. When I hit I feel forward and hit the throttle wide open lol. Things escalated pretty fast! But I floated off so wasn't to bad.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Now somebody buy this boat off me!
cef8a3df79321e560c43ed3a8827b326.jpg

KevinA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
welcome to the club! bought my first boat 5 years ago and have been hooked ever since. just got back from camping for 4 days and wouldn't been able to pass the time with out the boat. between camping and living pretty close to the Athabasca river we see the water quite frequently!

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
welcome to the club! bought my first boat 5 years ago and have been hooked ever since. just got back from camping for 4 days and wouldn't been able to pass the time with out the boat. between camping and living pretty close to the Athabasca river we see the water quite frequently!

Your from Vega I see. You got a nice boat launch right close to home! I launched at the fort Assiniboin boat launch on Sunday. I am from Barrhead and lots of my buddies have boats up there so I will be up there lots.

KevinA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes we are very fortunate where we live! We do a float from the fort to the ferry every year late July early august. Take about 6 7 hours. Great fun for the family. Hope to see ya out there sometime. Should be out Sunday afternoon. ... was hoping to check out were the Pembina hits the athabasca down past deep creek. Supposed to be good fishing!

mur190

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2nd last weekend of this month a few of us are gonna take off from Athabasca and head to the pembina camp over night and then do a day rip to vega, where's the good walleye holes near the pembina mouth? Haha

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Congratulations, if you're like myself and most of my friends, your other toys will be pretty lonely and dusty from lack of use.
Hope you enjoy the boat .

Top Bottom