fernie

summitzx

Reaction score
heading to fernie this weekend and seeing if anyone has heard about snow report,thanks

steel town

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We rode the Coal Creek road area on Sunday and had a blast, there is no new snow but we found plenty of untracked stuff.

steel town

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds good but how were the trails?

Trails were great, put some scratchers on your sled as I over heated mine for the first time in 4 years( we rode up early in the morning so the trail was in the shade did not soften up yet, but it was smooth as glass. On the way down it was slushy and I had no problem....
Great day.
BTW, be careful of Moose and deer on the way down if you go through the Longwiew way, a big moose ran out infront of us and a semi truck. Once it saw the cars it turned around and whiped out on its ass in the middle of the road, we missed it by a few feet and the semi missed it by inches...( this was near the chain lakes..)

summitzx

Reaction score
All good news,we have never been to fernie area,thanks for the input,i think we are going to try morrissey.

Zar

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Like Ferniesnow mentioned coal creek is the better staging area, less of a drive and you end up at the same place.

Coal Creek - is that the place behind the Fast Gas station towards the land fill site ?

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Coal Creek - is that the place behind the Fast Gas station towards the land fill site ?

Turn right at the FasGas on Cokato Road, first left on Coal Creek (you will see a blue staging sign) and then to the last staging area just before the bridge. You may even be able to drive a little past the bridge but be careful as all of a sudden the base will give away. Enjoy.....:beer:

Top Bottom