Fernie conditions 2014/15

turbodup

Reaction score
Morrisey is good a group of us went yesterday trail has been groomed a few times this year so far.wranglers cabin was left nice and clean good job to all that help out

HILCLMR

Reaction score
Monday anyone? With this snow falling as we arrived at our cabin, all I could think about was pulling the rope and going for a rip!

Weirboondocking

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
still need more snow but its getting much better... and that hard crust under this last dump is keeping us from bending much

sc800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree! Hilclmr I am in town and rode today and it is thin conditions out there still. Rode the roads and poked into a few meadows BUT man is the snow level LOW! I'm done till it snows a lot!

BLUE PLATE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Probed 180-195cm where we were today, snow was incredible!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 315

jhard

Reaction score
Rode all day in bumper deep powder lots to be had! If you know where to look had a awsome day!!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 306

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Like you see in bopper's pictures, we had a great day today. Like the avi bulletin stated, slab releases were evident and we were careful with the open slopes. Probed 165 cm in the trees (the most this year) and a very consistent snow pack; a great base, lots of pow, and lots of fun. The pictures below are a small wind slab but there are about 30-35 cms of fresh sitting on top of a 3 cm crust. The fresh was sliding today. You can see the slab in front of the sled. Kind of cool to see the slabs breaking up right before your eyes. Ride safe out there as there seems to be a lot of snow that will be releasing when the slope breaks.

FILE0482.jpg FILE0482-1.jpg

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
165 cm sounds like what I would have expected after the recent snow. A few more cycles and will be happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
165 cm sounds like what I would have expected after the recent snow. A few more cycles and will be happy.

That was like Blue Plate in an isolated location. Around the cabins it is only 120 ish. Sure there are some wind filled gullies but in general in the Rolling Hills it is in the neighbourhood of 120 cm.

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a great day in Fernie today. Lots of untracked powder in the trees.
Guys were talking in the cabin about someone getting caught in an avy out by the notch. Buried up to his neck I heard.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

turbodup

Reaction score
Be carefull out there guys and gals, Morrisey trail has been groomed again today up to the wranglers cabin so smooth sailing

Ibergman

Reaction score
We were out at the notch today had lots of safe fun. Seen where that guy got caught in the avy. Glad the guy is OK!! Another slope let go a couple hrs later right beside the first one. Except no one triggered that one. We had up to 3 feet of fresh powder in the trees. Awesome conditions for how early in the year it is!!

Vertical-Extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We were out at the notch today had lots of safe fun. Seen where that guy got caught in the avy. Glad the guy is OK!! Another slope let go a couple hrs later right beside the first one. Except no one triggered that one. We had up to 3 feet of fresh powder in the trees. Awesome conditions for how early in the year it is!!

Right or left side of the notch?

turbodup

Reaction score
The elk valley snowmobile club is hosting a family day/bbq on jan 18 for those who are interested.we will be going up Morrisey trail to the wranglers cabin everyone is welcome.pls come out and support the evsc and enjoy

pistoncontracting

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We had up to 3 feet of fresh powder in the trees. Awesome conditions for how early in the year it is!!

I would recommend recalibrating your depth-o-meter.
There is some decent snow in the trees all things considered, but to say there is three feet of fresh is pure bull****.
If one pretends its the end of november, you'll not be disappointed with what you find.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would recommend recalibrating your depth-o-meter.
There is some decent snow in the trees all things considered, but to say there is three feet of fresh is pure bull****.
If one pretends its the end of november, you'll not be disappointed with what you find.

There was 3 feet! You are mistaken. I saw a patch of fresh pow 3 feet long that was untouched.

Top Bottom