Farmer talk

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have one quarter left. Not seeding today because the wind is gusting to 100kmh. I’m not shaving my beard until we get 2” of rain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It is not easy or worth while seeding in 85km warm winds. The seed bed dries out just opening the ground and its a beeeeeech trying to fill the tank when he wind is howling like that. Its early yet. I hope you are shaving soon bud.

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Still snow in the fields here in spots, couple thunder showers today. I'm thinking by next weekend everyone will be flat out.

Drty Ernie

Reaction score
FYI Friendly reminder for all WAAS users out there, May 17th WAAS PRN 138 satellite will be decommissioned. Your GPS receivers/monitors will have to be switched to PRN 135 or else you will no longer be able to use autosteer after May 17th if you are currently running PRN 138!

Attachments

• waas.png
    waas.png
    345.9 KB · Views: 98

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
FYI Friendly reminder for all WAAS users out there, May 17th WAAS PRN 138 satellite will be decommissioned. Your GPS receivers/monitors will have to be switched to PRN 135 or else you will no longer be able to use autosteer after May 17th if you are currently running PRN 138!
Wonderful timing for a changeover. Right in the middle of seeding and spraying. Must be Liberals that came up with this idea.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Start Seeding canola today. Put it into dust and pray is the plan. Never come out if we seed it in moisture

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Start Seeding canola today. Put it into dust and pray is the plan. Never come out if we seed it in moisture
I have 400ac of canola sitting in 2/3" of dust. It never rains and it's cold at night. Not cleaning out the drill because I have a feeling I might be reseeding.

MP Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have you run water on that land already this year???

What ever become of the issue with the irrigation situation down there? Its gone quiet in the news…

Yeah we did finally get water. Came about 3 weeks later than originally planned. All it took was the government stroking a big fat cheque.

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And what was the real issue again?

Apparently Alberta environment was supposed to fix a leak in the canal and didn’t. So they didn’t allow them to open the tap this spring. There are probably some other issues as well that no one will ever talk about publicly. All kinds of rumours though. I even heard it was about someone trespassing but that seemed too stupid to be true.

Top Bottom