Family Day Weekend

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So is the same yearly get together happening up on Lucille on February 16 2014. Got our regular place all set up and, 21 of us coming this year. As the kids get older they want to drive on their own, bringing a total of 20 sleds this year.

heyjude

RIP Judy
Reaction score
Website
www.mountainhavenbb.vpweb.com
So is the same yearly get together happening up on Lucille on February 16 2014. Got our regular place all set up and, 21 of us coming this year. As the kids get older they want to drive on their own, bringing a total of 20 sleds this year.

Yes, Snochuk, we are doing our Family Day thing again this year. More details to follow. Did you have to rent all of the cougar den's cabins this year? Your group seems to get a bit bigger every year. Thats a good thing. Have fun.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks heyjude!
We rent them all every year, as they build more cabins we bring along more relatives! If they build 10 I will rent 10, keeps the hot tub partys at our family pace! We are prebooked for every year until we cancel and can't see that happening as our family weddings are usually 300-500 people and half of us are sledders. Our summer family campouts are usually for about 100 so we rent a lot of lake stalls together every year also. Wife and I started both gettogethers as we believe in keeping family close, kids go where we go as does evrybody else's. Wife makes miny albums and videos of events for all families that attend.
We truly enjoy our Family Day Trip and all the kids talk about it all year long - Thank You very much for putting on the burgers and hot dogs!

heyjude

RIP Judy
Reaction score
Website

McBRIDE BIG COUNTRY SNOWMOBILE CLUB
FAMILY FUN DAY
SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 16TH
LUCILLE CABIN AREA
11:00am TO 3:00pm
Trail Fees Waived after 10:30am

Groomed Toboggan/Snowboard Runs

Rescue Simulations and Information by Robson Valley Search and Rescue
and by Climb Helicopters

Hamburgers, Hot Dogs, Hot Chocolate
Kids Free, Adults by Donation

Bring Your Family!!
Bring Your Toboggans!!!
Bring your Snowboards!!!!

EVERYONE Welcome!!!!!

Last edited:

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had another great time in McBride for Family Day weekend. Kids had a great time and really got a workout in the deepest snow they have ever ridden in. They did really well and I only had to dig one out as they know to stop when the "ship is sinking" so dad only has to pull on skis instead of digging. They had a harder time remembering that the water is supposed to stay in the hot tub.....sorry Rog. Had a great time staying at your place again and all booked in for next year!
Littledoo10 - to bad about your sled and that tree at home, you would have had a blast as Cory, Gilles and I parted from the group for a couple short excursions.

heyjude

RIP Judy
Reaction score
Website
Had another great time in McBride for Family Day weekend. Kids had a great time and really got a workout in the deepest snow they have ever ridden in. They did really well and I only had to dig one out as they know to stop when the "ship is sinking" so dad only has to pull on skis instead of digging. They had a harder time remembering that the water is supposed to stay in the hot tub.....sorry Rog. Had a great time staying at your place again and all booked in for next year!
Littledoo10 - to bad about your sled and that tree at home, you would have had a blast as Cory, Gilles and I parted from the group for a couple short excursions.

What, no pictures Snochuk??

Leona Eyben

Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
I agree another great Family Day weekend, I had so much fun flipping burgers with Barry B, saw lots of new people and many old friends. Thanks for making the day such a huge success to all that came out to have fun. The wind was a little cold but the toboggan hill was fun to watch all the people using it, thanks Rod W for grooming such a good toboggan hill. and many thanks to everyone that helped. Glad that McBride Big Country snowmobile Association takes part in this Alberta Family Day Fun. Thanks Again Leona

At Home B&B
400 Mountainview Road
McBride, BC
250 569 2366
lkaas1@telus.net

894547]Had another great time in McBride for Family Day weekend. Kids had a great time and really got a workout in the deepest snow they have ever ridden in. They did really well and I only had to dig one out as they know to stop when the "ship is sinking" so dad only has to pull on skis instead of digging. They had a harder time remembering that the water is supposed to stay in the hot tub.....sorry Rog. Had a great time staying at your place again and all booked in for next year!
Littledoo10 - to bad about your sled and that tree at home, you would have had a blast as Cory, Gilles and I parted from the group for a couple short excursions.[/QUOTE]

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Just this one on my phone of my kids ready to leave the cabins, Tasha has them all on here phone and has to send to me yet. Forgot the camera in Edmonton.

Attachments

• Fraser-Fort George H-20140216-00010.jpg
    Fraser-Fort George H-20140216-00010.jpg
    200.9 KB · Views: 134

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

OK a couple more pics, everybody had another excellent time.
Smokies and sausage on the fire with perogies in the muff pots and jiffy pop for desert!

On top of Lucille
My daughter jumped off of her sled at Renshaw,
and no trip is complete if you do not have a farmer sized fire!

Attachments

• photo 4.jpg
    photo 4.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 96
  • photo 3.jpg
    photo 3.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 99
  • photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Saw garbage bag man a few times on Saturday.He reminded me of a broke swamper.lol

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Saw garbage bag man a few times on Saturday.He reminded me of a broke swamper.lol

He left his coat in the cabin and didn't notice till we finished unloading at renshaw, told him he could use my truck to run to town be said no so I got him a garbage bag at the collection booth to block the wind, kept telling him he rides like crap! Water proof and breathes in the sleeves - he claims Klim has nothing on Glad Bags!

Top Bottom