F5 oil light?

DDrake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys we got our boy a new to him 2007 F5 LXR. First couple of rides after about 30 mins the oil light comes on. Shut the machine off,refire it and the light is out. Doesn't come back on and the sled runs fine. The oil is topped up before every ride so low oil level is not it and I am using full synthetic so crappy oil is out as well. Any ideas and feedback is appreciated.

Luke The Drifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Chances are the float/sensor is getting stuck and causing the light to come on. My M8 has the same issue whenever its flopped on its side, rolled over etc etc. Its not hurting anything and quite honestly, I'll rely on physically seeing the oil level instead of a electronic sensor that can easily be tricked.

DDrake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Chances are the float/sensor is getting stuck and causing the light to come on. My M8 has the same issue whenever its flopped on its side, rolled over etc etc. Its not hurting anything and quite honestly, I'll rely on physically seeing the oil level instead of a electronic sensor that can easily be tricked.

Me as well. Top up the oil every time I add fuel. Sled is new addition so I wanted to be sure it was minor problem. Thanks for the feedback.

Top Bottom