f bomb track mod

bbecker17

Reaction score
anyone heard of the f bomb track mod for the 5.1 tracks? basicly sounds like you trim just the tips of the track off to stiffen the lugs a bit and help with snow evac, interested in doing it would just like to hear a little feedback before trimming the track, if anyones done it chime in!

pro rmk 2012

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I haven't heard any bad feedback when I was looking at doing mine. I did it before the season started and I have noticed a lot better hookup on hard pack and more setup snow. Haven't noticed any losses on the deep pow days. Basically this is the feedback I read on snowest too.

bbecker17

Reaction score
thanks for the reply, i saw that it was all over snowwest thought it was weird that its never mentioned here, guess i'll be cutting mine this weekend

bbecker17

Reaction score
i hate threads that are left open and you read them looking for answers and then your left non the wiser so figured id let metion that i did cut my track down this weekend
took off 3/16 to 1/4 inch tried it on the hardpacked ditch noticed more lift
tried the track in 2 3 ft of powder and didnt notice any loss in ski lift

im happy with the results

HRT Offroad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can't go wrong with the mod....did mine last season and it was the best/cheapest mod I've done!!

the450kid

Reaction score
I have a track that is already trimmed sitting in the back yard if anyone is looking for one...

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
do you have pictures of what you did? just curious cause I have never heard of trimming the track

Just trim off the little nobs from the ends of the track lugs on the polaris tracks

RUDY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't have a a big enough compressor to run an air tool and I looked for the pruning tool but can't find one long enough to do it in one nice clean cut...What are u guys using to cut them off with?

kidder17

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I read before that there is a Sears Craftsman Shear that is supposed to work the best.

Here is a picture and the part number.

Attachments

• crafts.jpg
    crafts.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 227
  • craft2.jpg
    craft2.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 233

hilinerider

Reaction score
used an olfa and used #6 3/4inch finish screw, one in the middle of each outside paddle and every other rotating between right and left in the middle

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You cut the nubs off leaving a paper thin piece holding the together from the solid nub. Night and day difference.

I used a razor blade knife. Cut all the way through but left 1cm them cut in from the other way otherwise it will curve up as it cuts out of the lug.

DaltonW

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
used an olfa and used #6 3/4inch finish screw, one in the middle of each outside paddle and every other rotating between right and left in the middle

why put in the screw? Just a heads up that if one lets go at high track speed it will put a hole in the tunnel cooler.

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heres that pic Rudy, i would cut into it leaving about a centimeter shown in red, then cut from the other side shown in the yellow the rest.

If i just did one cut i found the knife would slip up and you would have a curve.

the reasoning behind the screws was to stiffen the lugs, IMO they are not needed unless all your ride is spring snow or hill climb then you might as well buy an assault track.

Attachments

• series5.1_track.jpg
    series5.1_track.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 190
Top Bottom