Everyone keeps saying its a bad snow year.

Weirboondocking

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes we could us more but Fernie has had good snow and some awesome riding for 2 months now. Yes you need to know were to go to find fresh every day but it has not been hard to find.

Im sure a few other places are getting good snow as well, but the only way to know for sure is to get out there and ride. Maybe we are lucky because we don't have to drive to snow but if you do and your waiting for the snow to get better, don't just plan and go. Even a bad day on a sled is better then a day doing anything else. Plus Every trip you don't go on because of snow conditions is a trip you miss. GET OUT AND RIDE.

post your pics of good snow, bad snow and a few rocks from this year.

I will tell you this year has been more fun for me then a few years that had way more snow. My wife has started riding and is ripping it up. Ive been teaching lots of riders and the new sled seems to get better every day out.

This is a guy we had out this week.

Attachments

• mike and me 028.jpg
    mike and me 028.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 273
Last edited:

powderhoundbrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You have been getting lucky in Fernie this year. Meanwhile us over in Kimberley are hurting. Hasn't really snow for over a month (real snow anyway). You can get out and play in the mountains but nothing is covered up properly right now so you have to pick your way through things carefully.

Old-Soul

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I imagine you're talking mostly about the mountains, but the praries are hit-and-miss this year.
Red Deer are has pretty pathetic coverage but there's enough to ride. Take a short jaunt down to Trochu area and it's pretty nice actually.

IMG_1818.jpg

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ive had no problem finding fresh powder this year? In Golden or Revy,,, Valmount over Cristmas we really had to look around but we found some,,, Just need to know where to look I guess...

giddyup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
everywhere i go, the snow is good, but its time to put down the shovel and start riding, great pic's had a great time riding with you.

snoqueen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, we've had a really decent start to the season....had many over the hood, champagne POW in your helmet days....in fact EVERY trip we've had since November has been stellar. I'm not bragging, but holy crap I think we have the best sledding in B.C. and only about an hour from our doorstep! :eek:

November POW
DSC_4819.jpg

Early December, over the hood, white room pow
DSC_4968_zpsc11f828e.jpg

Another shot from December
DSC_4971_zps51114740.jpg

Same day....can you see me in there?
DSC_4988_zps63e38ccc.jpg

January....our group was the only ones back in this meadow
DSC_5458-001_zpsb7dc4d5d.jpg

January...making tracks in the trees
DSC_5484_zps3aeac074.jpg

Weirboondocking

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some from today... had just the girls out and it was a blast.

Attachments

• sleding with the girls 026.jpg
    sleding with the girls 026.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 58
  • sleding with the girls 024.jpg
    sleding with the girls 024.jpg
    166.1 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
Top Bottom