etec airbox on p-tec?

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is quite a bit involved. New air box, the intake tube is larger, you will need the top console with the intakes.

Littledoo10

Reaction score
well i got the consol already. i bought a set of white plastic for a good deal on kijiji all brand new, and ended up gettn the wrong consol and hood (hoods different also i guess), both are for a freeride or MXZ renagade or what ever doo has the air box under the consol. im thinkin of just sellin the hood and consol and buyn the right ones and do a different filer set up for my factory crap air box, or see if i can use one off an e-tec and use the new style air box for up top, which id prefer.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anything can be done with a little time and the right parts. Pull up the parts listing on ski-doo and see what is different. The etec air boxes are not cheap I am sure.

You would be better off just adding intake vents to your lower airbox. You will need to richen your mid range by shimming the needle. The ptek already runs lean in the midrange, it will allow more air this way rather than pulling air through that tiny intake tube. I don't like to recommend this as I don't want to be responsible for you shimming your carbs properly. Go up atleast .010" on the needle. For example, if you have the stock plastic .030 shim, remove and replace with two metal .020's.

Littledoo10

Reaction score
Sounds like lots of messn around to make it work. I think im goina throw that console and hood on kijiji and buy the right ones from doo. I wanna do a bondi air box eventually anyways once my warentee is up.

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Buddy did it on an 08, looks sweet and works even better. It is not a cheap upgrade and not worth it IMO but it does look and work sweet. You will also need a new steering post along with the console, airbox etc, etc.

BRP QSC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So you have a 2011 air box set up? how much did it cost? roughly? Pic's?

Buddy did it on an 08, looks sweet and works even better. It is not a cheap upgrade and not worth it IMO but it does look and work sweet. You will also need a new steering post along with the console, airbox etc, etc.

Top Bottom